feral with a broken leg! no money :(

bestcathugger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello! to make things short, ive been taking care of the strays on my street since i dropped out of college back in 2019 because i needed to focus on my family and my older parents so amongst the stress, the cats have been a precious light in my life so ive taken it as my duty to take as best care of them as i can with the little money that i have. i dont have a job just because my mom is so demanding of my time and me wanting to drop every little thing i do for her but i do get a little money for babysitting and i usually spend like 50 a month on buying a case of dry and wet food for the cats on a good month! anyways, this isnt my first scare with my cats and their legs and every time i panic and call around for help from vets and emergency hospitals but in my area (detroit), there arent any good ones or theyre too expensive and the closest emergency vet is too far out of reach especially without a car and my entire family being so against me caring for the cats so i cant even dream of asking someone to take me and a cat somewhere.

today has to be the worst case though of my cats injury aside form one cat getting an eye injury a year ago. ive been run around by my mom the last few days so i havent had time to really sit and check on my guys like usual but tonight i got home around twenty minutes ago (8pm) and i noticed that my cat cinnamon's front leg just looks strange. not only is he not walking on it but it's like... slightly curved/ bent out of shape. i couldnt take a picture because its so dark but i will in the morning but i'm just very lost on what to do for him and i hate to see him limping around this way :( he's very vocal when somethings bothering him so it hurts to hear him always crying at the top of his lungs when he sees me and im just lost on how to help my little friend. he's had a back leg injury in the summer and it wasn't as bad as this one and it took him a few weeks to heal up but with how his leg looks right now, im scared to just wait it out and let him limp around on one leg for weeks especially when it's bent out of regular shape.

i apologize if this post is too long and rambly! i'm a little frantic and in need of help if anyone has some to offer! thank you

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Along with what CatladyJan CatladyJan suggested, could you call the vet you used when he had his past surgery and explain the situation and see if they could work with you on payment options? Is he putting any weight on it at all?

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get a quote from a vet (preferably one that rescues use. You can call rescues to get vet recs) for the cost of the initial office visit to get her leg checked out. Create a Gofundme with photos of Cinnamon, her story, and explain her need for immediate vet care. Make it personal and friendly. Post it on local cat interest, animal rescue, and city groups on FB, Nextdoor, etc. People love animals and will surprise you with their generosity. Many people want to help animals but are too busy, don’t have space in their homes to foster, etc. so they want to get involved by funding people who can physically help them. Once your initial cost is funded, update the gofundme with the results of the vet visit and outline the details and cost for Cinnamon’s treatment so people keep donating.