Feral Wants To Go Outside Again

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
like others have said until she's spayed she's gonna want out. they do get over it though and she's SO much better off inside with you. as soon as she can be spayed do that. we brought in a stray this winter (see my profile pic) he wanted out so bad at first he actually took some wood out of the door frame. six months later he's happy as a clam sleeping on our legs at night and snuggling with the other cats (and chasing them all over the house. he's only a year or so so still a kitten) we just built a cat enclosure and he enjoys it but doesn't spend inordinate amounts of time trying to escape it. if she's only 8 or 9 months old and you've already gotten her to trust you enough to come in your enclosed porch you are well on your way to a new best friend. she's still a baby. one year old isn't really an adult cat. she's still mold-able. it will just take patience and understanding. thank you for taking her and her babies in. there are some really good threads in the feral threads about how people have managed. I think your kitty is probably only slightly feral since it sounds like you've had a relationship with her since kittenhood on a couple levels.

this is my thread that told my story with dante.
Help And Commiseration Needed

@bigbadbass also had a thread with a similar story.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS Babypaws Babypaws !! Thank you for making the decision to take in this little family and keep them safe and loved!! It's a wonderful thing you're doing. It looks like everyone has given some wonderful advice!!

I'll just add that I'm socializing 2 greys at the moment, Izzi and Ebby. I like to leave the music on when I'm gone to work so that they get used to the sound of the human voice. It seems to soothe them, or maybe a TV if you have one in the room on low. Here's a pic of the little ones:
34871605_666469047028915_5885379641165742080_n.jpg