Feral Shed.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Early last winter I was looking at the old shed in our back yard and thought, I should tear that done in the spring. Then, in January of this year, I noticed two cats hanging around our house A LOT! They would curl up together on the back door mat and try to get into our shed but the slightly ajar shed door was too small. I had no idea where they slept, but from morning to night,they were here. The little Tortoise Shell was getting large in the belly so we started giving them food and water,,,,and so it began! After a while, the little Tortie stopped coming around. Only the bigger Black cat showed. We feared something bad happened to the Tortie,,,, until she showed up with three hungry kittens who could squeeze into our shed. The kittens were wild,but we were able to TNR all three. ... I had my Cerebral Hemorrhage on May 15, 2018, so I had a lot of time to plan the sheds rebuild with a small cat house. I replaced the broken mortar and cement blocks in the sheds footing, straitened the walls as best I could, closed up the ajar doors, leveled the floor and put down horse stall rubber mats, installed a south facing awning window .and a partition wall with a door to the storage side in installed three cat doors. ... now some pictures. DSC00263.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We now have a new kitten just moving in. I think it may be another (new) sibling to the three feral we already have. Our feral cats mother may have had a new kitten and dropped it here too(?)!! Our feral kittens accepted the new kitten from the start. The baby is even sleeping in the shed with the other cats! ...Looking like we'll have to TNR another kitten soon.

Doug

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We now have a new kitten just moving in. I think it may be another (new) sibling to the three feral we already have. Our feral cats mother may have had a new kitten and dropped it here too(?)!! Our feral kittens accepted the new kitten from the start. The baby is even sleeping in the shed with the other cats! ...Looking like we'll have to TNR another kitten soon.

Doug
Can you see the Feral peeking through the cat door?
DSC00260 (2).JPG
DSC00262 (2).JPG

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww... what a cute little face! That looks like a nice big shed. Thank you for taking care of these kitties. Do you think you could TNR the mama cat, too? I'm afraid you will have to keep expanding the shed if she doesn't get spayed!

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww... what a cute little face! That looks like a nice big shed. Thank you for taking care of these kitties. Do you think you could TNR the mama cat, too? I'm afraid you will have to keep expanding the shed if she doesn't get spayed!
Avery,,,we have been trying to trap "Mama Star" since day one! She comes around very seldom and has avoided the live trap A LOT! We have two adult live traps and one kitten live trap at the ready!

Doug

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good for you for trying to get them all, even though Mama Star is not cooperating! I hope you have luck eventually -- she is missing out on a nice shelter and regular meals!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I second that, WOW, that is really nice!

If you'll throw in a ceramic heater, small TV, and radio. Can I stay in there as well? I'll bring my own blankie, and pillow!

:D

Seriously though, really NICE job!

Pops

BTW, love the photo with the cat looking out the cat door. Kind'ah like he's saying, "all this for us? thanks man, really appreciate it"!

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I second that, WOW, that is really nice!

If you'll throw in a ceramic heater, small TV, and radio. Can I stay in there as well? I'll bring my own blankie, and pillow!

:D

Seriously though, really NICE job!

Pops

BTW, love the photo with the cat looking out the cat door. Kind'ah like he's saying, "all this for us? thanks man, really appreciate it"!
I love your post!!!!