Feral Or Stray?

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had cats all my life and ultimately, I never had any that needed separation after an introductory period. I guess it could happen, but IMO, Jack is going to adjust just fine. I really think he is acting normal under the circumstances. It's going to be okay. I'm not saying they will be best friends, but he's going to be fine.

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome!
My two cents..Buy a tall metal baby gate..Amazon sells one, "Regalo" brand. None of my cats have jumped it--it's 37" tall. The kitten and one adult can squeeze through the bars, but the other 10 cats can't. (Yep we have 12 cats!).
It sounds like you;re doing all the right things..and bless you for saving this kitty. You got her checked out by vet--snap tested etc? She will definitely get used to being indoors. I have 3 formerly feral moms who have settled in really well. Two of them tried to climb the bathroom window a few times, but mellowed out pretty quickly once they realized they get heat/air conditioning, clean water, and 3 square meals a day at our Kitty Commune. No more bugs, cars, wet, freezing, coyotes, hawks etc. You're awesome. Keep up the good work.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have this gate
It's 41" high. I did have one of my boys scale it when he was settling in. Also some of the bar spacings are kind of wide. I had one cat squeeze through. Yet it's a great gate since you can easily get in and out.

I switched to the wire shelving as it was 48" high. None of my cats have tried to jump or scale it. I sometimes use it in conjunction with a baby gate in the door way.