Feral or domesticated for price of surgery

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Someone I know has trapped kittens who are not scheduled to be TNR'd till 9/9 but she didn't want them to disappear as the mama and a sibling have done. She does not want to keep them but is trying to find homes for them and they are becoming socialized. I think she will release them if no homes found but my question is this. The price for ferals brought in a trap with no home is $35. These kittens will not be feral by the surgical date but may not have a home. Do we pay $35 or the $60 for a nonferal even if they are not spoken for? Thanks.

Answer

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If they may be released, do the feral. Feral TNR includes ear tipping which is a visual indicator that the cat has already been TNR'd. If they are going to homes, pet is better because it leaves funding for the actual TNR cats. Most resources are limited by funding so paying a higher price if you can afford it allows them to help more who can't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is an excellent point I didn't think of. I have been doing TNR in my community for 12 years and all my cats are eartipped. My name here is the number of cats I had indoors and outside that I trapped and for one reason or another could not release. I keep all strays. Only 9 inside now and similar outside. The woman who trapped the cats is willing to pay and I suggested to her anyone who wants to adopt any should pay the difference.