Feral kitty's eyes

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does this kitty's eyes look normal? This is a semi-feral kitten that is 4 months old. I managed to get this pic in broad daylight. I didn't think the centers should be so big and black in daylight. Any thoughts?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I was wondering if you have a vet you could send this picture to, and find out what they think?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both his eyes look alike. The centers are large and black. I noticed my other adult cat's eyes had just a little black slit and rest of the eye was green. Could this kitten be going blind?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There's no way to know, he needs to be seen by a vet. Can you trap him and get him in?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that someone with some medical expertise should see the pic, if nothing else. Even a vet tech might be able to give you some information.

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sent the pic to my neighbor who is a vet tech. Waiting to hear from her.

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My neighbor vet tech got back to me. She wasn't sure so she showed the pic to the vet. The vet says the dilated eyes may be normal for this kitty. She also said the kitty may have a scratched eye which would affect his vision. So wait a couple of days and see what happens.
He has not gotten any worse nor is he any better. So I'll wait a couple of days and go from there.