Feral Kitty Loose In My Cabin

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Poor little Bella. I do think you’re right though. As Shadow finished adjusting and becoming a dog Bella will feel safer. I can just picture Shadow lining up with them for treats! :flail: I’ve always maintained that Shadow is a very smart cat! Blending in! Thanks for the update. I’ve had you all on my mind. It’s really amazing how far Shadow has come since the time of being “cat loose in the cabin!” A true tribute to your patience and love.,:redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catzmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow Shadow has been an indoor totally spoiled kitty for 6 months today! He has become the most loving little guy. He's still got a bit of a wild side at times and he'll take a bite now and then or the claws still get out of control at times but no more than one of my previous cats that was never feral. My dogs still don't trust him and look at me like "mom why?" But I'm so glad I was able to help him.

Last edited:

Catzmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK I have some urgent questions today!!!!
Shadow is so lovable but still shows some unsocialized behaviour like biting (although not breaking skin) and uncontrolled claws. I don't really know how old he is - over a year now for sure. Would bringing in another young kitten be difficult or would it help the situation? I just saw the most beautiful 9 week old calico kitten up for adoption and calicos are my favourite!!! I love the way Shadow is so lovable and wouldn't want that to change. He jumps up behind me when I'm on my chair as I usually lean forward and he hugs me from behind and then climbs around to cuddle, He jumps up to me when I'm near from the back of the couch or wherever he can and climbs right up so he can be near my face and rub cheeks and quite often leans his head on my shoulder. He likes to be held like a baby and puts himself in that position often! As long as he is being held up high on my chest he is happy. At night he almost smothers me with cuddling! Until early morning about 4 when he becomes a bit of a monster and wants to start rolling around on the bed and swatting everyone. He's starting to learn to go downstairs and find a toy at that time of the night though thank goodness!

Catzmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the new kitten idea is on hold. They have others interested.
But new on the Shadow front, he has become beyond loving. He wants to be held and loved so much it was killing my arms! I have brought into use a pet sling I bought for the dogs. He likes to sit in that with me holding him for so long! That little bug is so smart too! He is obsessed with the spring toys but they disappear. I think he knows where he stashes them cuz they do come out again after a while. Today we searched for and gathered a bunch of springs and put them on the counter and he has been coming up and collecting them again! I think he is the smartest and most loving cat I've ever had!!!

Catzmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am just amazed that he was feral so few months ago! And if he was dumped I wish they could know what an amazing cat he is and what they missed out on. Karma.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember reading your earliest posts and thinking exactly what you just wrote! Even this far away I could “see” what an amazing kitty he is. I was so glad he had found you. He found just the right person. He is brilliant!

Aren’t those spring toys great? I recently got some for these kitties and they love them. Except for BJ. He only likes things he can put on his head! :headscratch: I recently bought him a hat! It’s a big hit. Kitties!:flail:

Pictures of the kitty sling? That has got to be adorable!

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am just amazed that he was feral so few months ago! And if he was dumped I wish they could know what an amazing cat he is and what they missed out on. Karma.
Just catching up to this thread, and I feel the EXACT SAME WAY about my new rescue kitty, Little Miss Mulligan (or Molly for short). How could anyone be so stupid & heartless, abandoning a beautiful young cat on the golf course? I can tell she was never feral, she's just too loving & affectionate... bad reasons for some fool to abandon her. But it's okay, like you I have rescued this little sweetheart and she is sleeping near me as I write this reply, 10-4? She won't have to worry about starving out now, that's for sure... she already looks better than she did when I first scooped her up and put her in my car at the golf course. Here are some pics of Little Miss Mulligan:

IMG_6560.JPG IMG_6561.JPG IMG_6562.JPG IMG_6563.JPG

Like your cat, she looks pretty comfortable, LOL. She's in good hands now, I'll take care of her... one more cat won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things, and she makes a great bed warmer too!!! This is important as winter looms ahead, LOL. :sleepycat:

Catzmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shadow has been trying really hard to make friends with Bella and it seems to be working. This makes me sooo happy! They were sitting together for hours today on the couch! Waking up this morning Shadow kept swatting at Bella (we still have lots of behaviour problems!) and Bella barked back but not panicky like before. Bella was a puppy mill momma so maybe she is finally realizing/remembering how to teach Shadow how to behave. I think I am experiencing my Christmas miracle for the year!

20191213_135215[1].jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella has a Shadow puppy! They look so sweet together! I’m so glad to get such wonderful news! I know that had been one of your big concerns. Shadow figured out how to work his way into Bellas’ heart. Smart again!

Catzmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, sorry to be out of the loop for a while. Shadow is just part of the family now, sometimes a nuisance like about 4:30 am when he thinks it's time to play lol. Unfortunately me and the dogs don't agree. Shadow usually gets to spend the rest of the morning out of the bedroom.

Recently he has become very interested in the toilet and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried training their cat to use the toilet?!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I have had more than one who used the toilet. It’s kind of funny but certaly convenient unless you need the potty! Lol There are actually kits sold these days to assist in toilet training cats. Mine did it by watching their humans and being encourage but the kits are pretty neat.