Feral in my garage

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think most of us understand the pain of losing a cat and the grief that sometimes lasts a very long time. It would have brought me to tears, too, but what a great tribute to the Baby that Oscar is now enjoying this bed. Thanks so much for sharing that wonderful photo.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So to see Oscar curled up in his old bed and know that it’s probably the first cat bed that Oscar has ever know - brought me to tears.
Reading that literally brought tears to my eyes. Oscar, darling, life is good when you're loved by a kind hearted human, and you won the lottery when you wandered into your Mom's world. :redheartpump:

Bitsy's Mom Bitsy's Mom :
So funny that you posted today, as I was looking at my watched threads earlier, and thought "wonder how the $60,000 cat's doing?" :purr:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning.
This photo may not look like much - but I was thrilled and emotionally impacted.

There Oscar is, curled up in the little cat bed that I put in there. That’s a cheap old cat bed that I’d had several years. It was beloved by my late black Kitty “the Baby” who would sleep contentedly curled up in it. It’s been washed a million times and for a $12 bed - has stood the test of time.

My kitty the Baby passed 3 years ago and I miss him so much. I had found him and his litter dumped in the woods late November - more than 17 years prior, and while it took 5 hours - I found them all and I adopted him. He grew to be the sweetest and most loving soul I’ve ever known. He tended to every animal that I ever brought into my house - dog or cat. He used to jump up to the counter when I was washing dishes and stand there for me to wet him down he’d purr and purr and stamp his feet.

I loved him more than anything or anyone.

So to see Oscar curled up in his old bed and know that it’s probably the first cat bed that Oscar has ever know - brought me to tears.

View attachment 437488
Awwww, you just made my Xmas. That should be your Xmas card. The guy has it made: he probably can’t believe his luck!

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have goosebumps all over seeing that sweet boy curled up in that bed! I am sure Baby helped to guide him there. What a great way to start the day! Thank you for sharing.
It’s funny you say that. The Baby who was solid black - passed away the first week in October of 2020 and then Oscar showed up at the end of October a few weeks later. A friend said that Oscar was guided there by The Baby since he knew that I’d help him.
Who knows?

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning.
This photo may not look like much - but I was thrilled and emotionally impacted.

There Oscar is, curled up in the little cat bed that I put in there. That’s a cheap old cat bed that I’d had several years. It was beloved by my late black Kitty “the Baby” who would sleep contentedly curled up in it. It’s been washed a million times and for a $12 bed - has stood the test of time.

My kitty the Baby passed 3 years ago and I miss him so much. I had found him and his litter dumped in the woods late November - more than 17 years prior, and while it took 5 hours - I found them all and I adopted him. He grew to be the sweetest and most loving soul I’ve ever known. He tended to every animal that I ever brought into my house - dog or cat. He used to jump up to the counter when I was washing dishes and stand there for me to wet him down he’d purr and purr and stamp his feet.

I loved him more than anything or anyone.

View attachment 437488

😭 of happiness!!

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,
It’s getting cold here (24 degrees) so tonight I dragged the big extension cord out - plugged it into the house outside outlet and then took it 80 ft to the catio window to the shed, put a hole in the screen and pushed it through.

Then I hooked up an extension cord and plugged in his heated bed from two years ago and a heated food and water dish. Yes / more $$$$ spent on this boy! They are circled in blue below.

i hope he uses the bed and at least he won't have frozen food and water ❤❤

PS. He’s getting fat!

ED5C7051-251B-4178-A750-53D2D2CE97A7.jpeg
63B70FF9-555F-487D-B04D-CD474A2A830C.jpeg

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sure Oscar will appreciate the warm bed. In the winter, most outside cats will grow a very thick layer of fur to keep them warm. Can you tell if he's fat from too much food or looking extra fluffy from extra fur? He will need extra calories in the winter to keep warm. Wet food is best as it's easier to digest and doesn't require as much energy to digest.

Btw, I ordered your book and have just started it. I am a very slow reader as I don't have much time to sit down and read. Yet I am trying to sneak in 10-15 minutes each day. I am enjoying it!!

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sure Oscar will appreciate the warm bed. In the winter, most outside cats will grow a very thick layer of fur to keep them warm. Can you tell if he's fat from too much food or looking extra fluffy from extra fur? He will need extra calories in the winter to keep warm. Wet food is best as it's easier to digest and doesn't require as much energy to digest.

Btw, I ordered your book and have just started it. I am a very slow reader as I don't have much time to sit down and read. Yet I am trying to sneak in 10-15 minutes each day. I am enjoying it!!
Yes - not sure if he’s extra fluffy - he’s a long haired boy and so beautiful! He checked out the bed last night but didn’t go inside. Don’t know if he remembers it from 2 winters ago?

thanks so much for ordering my novel! You’ll appreciate the gray cat in it - “Mr.Bellows” I’m sure! He’s an important guy. And I’m glad the beginning pages witb sex didn’t dissuade you - I took the easy way out to get people hooked. But the rest of the book is not like that!
Thanks so much!

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just finished reading your book and enjoyed it very much! Just the right number of characters to make it interesting, but not so many that I couldn't keep track of them! Funny parts and good animal rescue parts. How are you doing with Book 2? Let us know when it is ready to read!