Feral in my garage

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oscar doesn’t want to disappoint anyone and so he’s showing how much he likes stretching out on a oriental rug with the air conditioner barking overhead ❤
It’s 6 weeks tomorrow since I trapped him. He seems to be fine but I need to get the hole closed up. In another month - I’ll remove the AC and give him access to catio.
Earlier - I went in and stayed near the door. He stared at me. I did slow eye blink - showed him thr Churro paste packet and put some on a plate. Another few eye blinks and then I left. He got up and ate the paste. Trying to condition him that my visit is a tasty thing -
This is wonderful! He's feeling so much at home.

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you go under media and Oscar album - I posted a video there from last night at 3 am! The dog woke me up and so I checked the camera to see if he was up and he was! It’s under Bitsy’s Mom and Oscar. Let me know if you can see it!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you go under media and Oscar album - I posted a video there from last night at 3 am! The dog woke me up and so I checked the camera to see if he was up and he was! It’s under Bitsy’s Mom and Oscar. Let me know if you can see it!

Oscar was very active last night! :redheartpump: :bigeyes::redheartpump:

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
His tail is in the up position showing that he is comfortable. He swishes his tail when running around like he is hunting.
He looked like a very happy and content boy. One would never know how he was 2 months ago!!
Thank you!!! After living the feral life for his five years on the planet . . .and always having to hunt for food - who knows. Maybe the regular food and lack on ongoing threats are a welcome change <3

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!! After living the feral life for his five years on the planet . . .and always having to hunt for food - who knows. Maybe the regular food and lack on ongoing threats are a welcome change <3
*Without any doubt!* It's like inviting a person living on the mean streets to move into a comfortable home and have regular food, safety, and comfort. There's no comparison for most people. Cats are very desirous of comfort! and of course, of good, regular food. And safety. :redheartpump: :bigeyes: :redheartpump: :yess:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Oh, look at him all active and happy like a little night owl. :redheartpump::dancingblackcat::redheartpump:

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning!

Yesterday I walked into the shed and caught him sitting on the perch. He didn't move as you will see which is not unlike he behaved outside where he would stand his ground and stare at me. However, outside he had an exit all around where as here . . . he didn't except for going up.

Anyway, I did a dozen slow eye blinks and talked to him, and fed him. I apologize about the obnoxious vocals on my part - the proximity of the camera make me sound worse. But, it's the first video that i have of the both of us in the same room! See, both Oscar and I really exist! LOL

After I put the food down, told him that I loved him and opened the door and left, he hopped down and ate.

What do you all think?

FullSizeRender.MOV

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You and Oscar are doing great! So nice to see him being comfortable enough that he stays on the perch with you in the room and then comes down for food so quickly! I like tabbytom's idea that you can work up to staying in the room while he eats. Maybe put the food down and move off to the side or back up and see what happens. You could even slowly move the food a little closer to the middle of the room so you both have more space apart.

In any case, this is going really well! It will be another step when he can use the catio! I image you will "supervise" at least his initial use of the catio so you can catch any problems. Thanks so much for posting the video for all the Oscar fans on this site!

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone

So I still haven’t sold my house - please send prayers that someone makes an offer! I really missed the market waiting until after I trapped our boy Oscar 😢

So last night I decided to open one side of the airconditoner where the plastic slides. I slid it open so he could walk out into the catio if he wanted. It was over night when he’s most active.

He didn’t go out or check it out! Maybe he wasn’t aware of it just yet. But - I do have a new video clip. He’s on the lower left side and then zooms over to the catnip banana and up.

Sending love to you all and your kitties and please pray my house sells!