Feral in my garage

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If he’s down on the ground floor and sees me - after I leave he comes and eats.
Granted that either way ( up high or low on the floor) he can smell it, you would think?, but do I remember that you had the wet food placed higher up? Would you want to try that again?

There's a baby food soup he might like, it's a couple teaspoons of meat baby food (beechnut is good since it doesn't have cornstarch) and a few teaspoons of water , (the recipe says up to a quarter cup but the amount of water is dependent on the cats' taste :) )

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Granted that either way ( up high or low on the floor) he can smell it, you would think?, but do I remember that you had the wet food placed higher up? Would you want to try that again?

There's a baby food soup he might like, it's a couple teaspoons of meat baby food (beechnut is good since it doesn't have cornstarch) and a few teaspoons of water , (the recipe says up to a quarter cup but the amount of water is dependent on the cats' taste :) )
He likes the food that I have been feeding him. His appetite has seemed off this week. I worry worry worry about him.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He likes the food that I have been feeding him. His appetite has seemed off this week. I worry worry worry about him.
I wouldn't worry. It's very hot and cats, like most people, don't have as big an appetite when it's hot as they don't need as many calories to keep them warm. As long as he IS eating, drinking, and eliminating, I would think he's doing very well. When it cools down some, you should look to see him eating more, gradually.

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn’t see him all day and litter untouched so I was upset but then just watched him come down and eat two cans. And he sniffed the dry. I think he’s fine!
1CB42A7B-EEAA-4D39-BC6A-F2C0BABC8CBB.jpeg

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
He won’t eat also if I’m there - he won’t move at all. Maybe someday. Maybe.
Yes someday!

I didn’t see him all day and litter untouched so I was upset but then just watched him come down and eat two cans. And he sniffed the dry. I think he’s fine!
Oh good! I agree he may have had a spell off food a bit.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Why jump from the platform onto the sofa? And not take the ramp??
Backing up a bit, because I keep losing notifications on this thread - but I would say jumping from the platform to the sofa and not using the ramp is because he is a CAT. This applies to all cats, not just ones who are going from feral to domesticated (which he clearly is)!

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oscar doesn’t want to disappoint anyone and so he’s showing how much he likes stretching out on a oriental rug with the air conditioner barking overhead ❤
It’s 6 weeks tomorrow since I trapped him. He seems to be fine but I need to get the hole closed up. In another month - I’ll remove the AC and give him access to catio.
Earlier - I went in and stayed near the door. He stared at me. I did slow eye blink - showed him thr Churro paste packet and put some on a plate. Another few eye blinks and then I left. He got up and ate the paste. Trying to condition him that my visit is a tasty thing -
620B6620-CF1B-4BCB-8C1C-D13EAFCDBB7E.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awwww... thanks for the Monday Oscar update. Seeing him so relaxed always makes my day. You're doing so well with him. Keep it up, and I'm sure eventually he's going to reward you with an affectionate response of some type. :bigeyes:

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww... thanks for the Monday Oscar update. Seeing him so relaxed always makes my day. You're doing so well with him. Keep it up, and I'm sure eventually he's going to reward you with an affectionate response of some type. :bigeyes:
I think his "affectionate" response is eating and pooping and not jumping out the open soffit!