Feral in my garage

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone. So I have good and bad news. The good news is that with the taped brown paper on the bottom of the trap, lots of sprinkled catnip - he almost went in all the way. The bad news is - the trap didn’t deploy. He kind of stood right before the trip plate and extended his head all the way to the back. The food was as far back as it could go. So right now - I feel like I’m starring in a bad sequel to Grondhog Day and Bill Murray will show up anytime.

I am going to keep trying and the company gave me info on how to make the trip plate more sensitive.

Im leaving the house for 4 days but do have someone to come feed him.

l will try not to worry about him with the damn holiday fireworks and hope that the woman who will feed here sees him when she comes.

Thanks for all the prayers and support - they almost worked!

PS. New bigger trap was shipped yesterday - the fellow said he’d personally check it to make sure it was sensitive.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone. So I have good and bad news. The good news is that with the taped brown paper on the bottom of the trap, lots of sprinkled catnip - he almost went in all the way. The bad news is - the trap didn’t deploy. He kind of stood right before the trip plate and extended his head all the way to the back. The food was as far back as it could go. So right now - I feel like I’m starring in a bad sequel to Grondhog Day and Bill Murray will show up anytime.

I am going to keep trying and the company gave me info on how to make the trip plate more sensitive.

Im leaving the house for 4 days but do have someone to come feed him.

l will try not to worry about him with the damn holiday fireworks and hope that the woman who will feed here sees him when she comes.

Thanks for all the prayers and support - they almost worked!

PS. New bigger trap was shipped yesterday - the fellow said he’d personally check it to make sure it was sensitive.
Oscar, you're SO close. Keep coming in for your food. *PRAYERS* that next time will be the charm!
Cats are very good at hiding. I hate this noisy holiday, but hopefully Oscar will ride it out in feline style. Very good that someone will be feeding him. Is that person living in the neighborhood, I wonder, and would they welcome him into their life on a permanent basis if he won't come in?

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The person feeding him lives in a condo where she’s allowed one cat. And she has one cat. I’m grateful to her but I don’t think she wants to feed him much longer. She has to walk over to my house and it’s not the most convenient for her.

I am grateful for right now though!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The person feeding him lives in a condo where she’s allowed one cat. And she has one cat. I’m grateful to her but I don’t think she wants to feed him much longer. She has to walk over to my house and it’s not the most convenient for her.

I am grateful for right now though!
Yes. I'm sure you're not alone in that! ;)

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HEY EVERYONE - I GOT HIM!!! I will write more later - have to drive up now to the house. He’s in the back of the hatchback in the covered trap and my dogs are in the backseat. They aren’t sniffing at the cage at all but I’m sure he can smell them. Poor boy.

I almost passed out when I realized he was trapped!! It was the trap I’ve been using and the door went down without him realizing it so he did eat one Small can of fancy feast before he freaked. Then he was striking at me through the cage and spitting and it was scary. But no turning back now.

Thanks for your prayers!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HEY EVERYONE - I GOT HIM!!! I will write more later - have to drive up now to the house. He’s in the back of the hatchback in the covered trap and my dogs are in the backseat. They aren’t sniffing at the cage at all but I’m sure he can smell them. Poor boy.

I almost passed out when I realized he was trapped!! It was the trap I’ve been using and the door went down without him realizing it so he did eat one Small can of fancy feast before he freaked. Then he was striking at me through the cage and spitting and it was scary. But no turning back now.

Thanks for your prayers!
Thanking you for this amazingly wonderful news! And thanking you, Oscar, for coming in and starting a much better life with someone who loves and cares for you very much. All the BEST always! May Oscar have a long, happy, healthy, comfortable, and LOVED life with you! Keep us updated, won't you? We are riveted to the saga of Oscar. :redheartpump: :bigeyes::redheartpump::yess::clap::goldstar:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!!!! I know you are relieved! We are too. Now it is on to a better life for Oscar and for you. Bravo to you for sticking to it and for following all leads and tips! :woo::clap2::goldstar::heartshape:We’ll be looking forward to see how he likes the new catio. Be very careful not to let him dash out the door. Just let him know you are entering before going in until he is used to things. Who knows? He may be so grateful for food and love that he will settle right in. It may be up high but that’s where he feels safe. Yay!!! You did it! Awesome job! Fantastic news!:rock::clap::woohoo::party: Happy Gotcha Day!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I would enter the room I used to keep my just inside feral cats, I would place an outside sturdy chair pad or large piece of sturdy cardboard outside the door. I would announce myself and then if needed use the chair pad or cardboard to gently push the cat back if he was near the door. I also always brought something yummy.

I am sure it will take time for him to adjust, but he will with time and patience. I am just so relieved and excited that you were able to get him!!

Please keep us posted on how he is doing. We are all here to help.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I would enter the room I used to keep my just inside feral cats, I would place an outside sturdy chair pad or large piece of sturdy cardboard outside the door. I would announce myself and then if needed use the chair pad or cardboard to gently push the cat back if he was near the door. I also always brought something yummy.

I am sure it will take time for him to adjust, but he will with time and patience. I am just so relieved and excited that you were able to get him!!

Please keep us posted on how he is doing. We are all here to help.
That's a genius idea, shadowsrescue shadowsrescue !!! You could also use it to sit on the other side of the door while you talk soothingly to Oscar for awhile. Multitasking at its finest!;)