Feral in my garage

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm having the worst time watching this thread because I'm just enough of a Type A personality that I want resolution to this SO badly :frustrated:, I can't even imagine how it is for you.

There should be medals given for people like yourself, --another member who actually cancelled a move because of his/her cat, and others who make a complete commitment to their cats and don't even think twice about putting them above their own comfort. People are incredible, yourself included :redheartpump::heartshape::redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you but no, if I don't catch him . . . I don't know what I will do. I am bleeding money and have to sell that house! Thank you for your kind words but until I have him safe and sound . . . I don't accept it! I am so angry at myself for failing so far.

I have had friends say that I may have to let it go . . . and that he may not want what I want and I will have to accept that. I pray it does not come to that. But financially - I cannot do this much longer.

Everytime I see him go in . . my heart is in my mouth . . and then I burst into tears when it's 3/4 and he backs out. So . .tomorrow will be different!! I must manifest that!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you but no, if I don't catch him . . . I don't know what I will do. I am bleeding money and have to sell that house! Thank you for your kind words but until I have him safe and sound . . . I don't accept it! I am so angry at myself for failing so far.

I have had friends say that I may have to let it go . . . and that he may not want what I want and I will have to accept that. I pray it does not come to that. But financially - I cannot do this much longer.

Everytime I see him go in . . my heart is in my mouth . . and then I burst into tears when it's 3/4 and he backs out. So . .tomorrow will be different!! I must manifest that!!
I empathize so much. My prayers and hope continue for Oscar to come in. But don't blame yourself--there is no fault here, anywhere, unless you want to blame the thoughtless people everywhere who don't spay/neuter and adopt for life! -- and yes, it is good if possible to keep a positive attitude.
Even if he does not come in, there is always the possibility of the buyers accepting him. This happened with us when my ex divorced me. He handled the sale after I moved down here, and very fortunately, the buyers were attracted to the property in large part because of the cat facilities we had made there, as they had cats of their own. Cats are by far the most beloved and popular companion animal, and there just may be a buyer who'd be more than glad to take over loving care of Oscar, on Oscar's terms. So don't give up.

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I empathize so much. My prayers and hope continue for Oscar to come in. But don't blame yourself--there is no fault here, anywhere, unless you want to blame the thoughtless people everywhere who don't spay/neuter and adopt for life! -- and yes, it is good if possible to keep a positive attitude.
Even if he does not come in, there is always the possibility of the buyers accepting him. This happened with us when my ex divorced me. He handled the sale after I moved down here, and very fortunately, the buyers were attracted to the property in large part because of the cat facilities we had made there, as they had cats of their own. Cats are by far the most beloved and popular companion animal, and there just may be a buyer who'd be more than glad to take over loving care of Oscar, on Oscar's terms. So don't give up.
Thank you for your encouragement. I won’t give up as long as I have the house. That big trap will be here next week and the fellow said that 2-4 lbs should trip it. I placed my fat Mrs Peel in the cage and she and her big 17 lb body didn’t do it. So glad I tested it first.

anyway - I will keep trying.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s bad that the trap won’t trip with the trip plate but you should still be able to use it with the water bottle. Try using that method at home while you have it. This is your chance to practice. Practice and get proficient at using the bottle to close the door. Everything for a reason? Sending hope!

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone - I got down here and he’s not here :sigh:
I am watching for him and trying not to worry. If he appears - I may have to feed him a tiny bit in the trap to get him back and used to it and then try to trap in the morning adding stinky fish, catnip and feliway

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone - I got down here and he’s not here :sigh:
I am watching for him and trying not to worry. If he appears - I may have to feed him a tiny bit in the trap to get him back and used to it and then try to trap in the morning adding stinky fish, catnip and feliway
You know we're all sending up our Prayers and hoping for Oscar to come in very quickly!

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone.
The neighbor has a chainsaw going and so today is not the day. Please send your prayers for Friday super early. I have tomorrow to try again before I leave by 8 am to avoid holiday traffic. Let’s hope tomorrow is the day. I’d especially like to get him before the fireworks happen over the weekend. They are deadly for animals 😢.

thank you!!