Feral in my garage

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No - I was there three days trying and he would NOT go in all the way. I had to leave and will be back in 2 days to try again. I DO think that I will get him . . . .I have to think that or I am heartbroken. It may be on his timetable . . . not mine.

I did find the trap in the middle of the yard this morning and upside down. I had poured tuna juice all over it and I think the fox tried to carry it off. That is why I have to be there to try . . . I really don't want to trap a fox!
Yeah, and you don't want Oscar to be in danger in an unattended trap. But good on ya for keeping the good outlook. YOU WILL GET HIM. He knows you're his friend. He knows to associate you with food. Persevere. YOU WILL GET HIM.:hugs::cheerleader:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few cats that were hard to trap for me did best when I just used their regular bowl and regular food. I would add something stinky to put at the front of the trap and another piece on the other side of the trip plate. Then in the back was another piece of the stinky food along with their regular bowl which had a bit of food in it. If he is familiar with a certain bowl then you might trip using that for the back of the trap.

You will get him. You are so close. Also be prepared with a sheet or blanket to get over the trap after he is caught. Just keep it covered. Most cats will calm down with the covered trap.

I had a fox get into a trap once when I had tuna juice on the pee pads. I learned that when I have the trap unset I really need to be sure to clean up all of the extra food. I didn't want the cat I needed to trap to see other wildlife sniffing around and get spooked.

Keep us posted. You are just so close.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few cats that were hard to trap for me did best when I just used their regular bowl and regular food. I would add something stinky to put at the front of the trap and another piece on the other side of the trip plate. Then in the back was another piece of the stinky food along with their regular bowl which had a bit of food in it. If he is familiar with a certain bowl then you might trip using that for the back of the trap.

You will get him. You are so close. Also be prepared with a sheet or blanket to get over the trap after he is caught. Just keep it covered. Most cats will calm down with the covered trap.

I had a fox get into a trap once when I had tuna juice on the pee pads. I learned that when I have the trap unset I really need to be sure to clean up all of the extra food. I didn't want the cat I needed to trap to see other wildlife sniffing around and get spooked.

Keep us posted. You are just so close.
...to which I'd add, spraying that blanket or sheet with Feliway can't hurt.;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bitsy's Mom Bitsy's Mom : just thinking of you. Hope things are ok. :redheartpump:
Thanks so much.

I’m going back down tomorrow. I turned the trap around so the trip plate is facing into the woods. Maybe he’ll feel more secure.

I’ll try again and keep trying but not sure why all of a sudden he’d go in. I am going to meet realtors since I can’t afford to keep two houses.
I’m frankly very depressed about it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much.

I’m going back down tomorrow. I turned the trap around so the trip plate is facing into the woods. Maybe he’ll feel more secure.

I’ll try again and keep trying but not sure why all of a sudden he’d go in. I am going to meet realtors since I can’t afford to keep two houses.
Life is NOT easy these days. I know. And I know you're very concerned for him. So are we. Don't give up. DON'T GIVE UP.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks so much.

I can only imagine how you're feeling. Hopefully the change in position of the trap, and him being hungry, will be the key to him going into the trap. :crossfingers:

:goodluck::heartshape::petcat::redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

I’m going back down on Sunday and will try again. I do have someone that will put in a drop trap but because I’m not there and he’s VERY skittish about any changes- I’m not sure it would work.

When I’m there - he still shows up but not as regularly. My house goes on the market in 2 weeks since I can’t wait any longer. I sure hope I get him.