Feral in my garage

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is from Alleycat Allies - am I remembering right, didn't you say he likes Fancy Feast?

Put a tiny bit of food (about ½ teaspoon) at the front of the trap to get the cats interested, and then drizzle a trail of juice all the way to the back of the trap.

Try these baits that cats find irresistible:

• Jarred baby food (no onions!)
  • Catnip
  • Boil Valerian Root in water and douse the trap in the fragrant broth.
  • Instead of canned tuna in oil, try mackerel, canned cat food, sardines packed in oil, anchovies, or cooked chicken.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s an old girl and would be too upset isolated from my other dog and two spoiled cats that she loves.

I’m going down with them for 2 nights to the house. That gives me three mornings to try with him. I’m sleeping on the floor! The house is empty!

I’m getting raw chicken livers tomorrow to try.
Oh, those are irresistible to a lot of cats! I used to make a roast chicken for someone once a year, and it came with the "innards" which I'd boil in water. These were a big treat for them, and they also loved the broth.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s an old girl and would be too upset isolated from my other dog and two spoiled cats that she loves.

I’m going down with them for 2 nights to the house. That gives me three mornings to try with him. I’m sleeping on the floor! The house is empty!

Many hugs coming your way. :grouphug::grouphug2:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Sending you hugs and love and from us all here hope that you get Oscar soon and prayers for your doggy.

4a399d9d58695fbf4f5857241d70437b.jpg
2a74cd9c373055585680949aca53513c.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK - I am heading down this morning and prepared to stay for 2 nights which gives me this morning, tomorrow morning, and Tuesday morning to try. I have the chicken livers.

I have to bring my dogs, their beds and food, and I will be sleeping on the floor. The house is empty!

Please send prayers that I can trap him! Fingers crossed!

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
OK - I am heading down this morning and prepared to stay for 2 nights which gives me this morning, tomorrow morning, and Tuesday morning to try. I have the chicken livers.

I have to bring my dogs, their beds and food, and I will be sleeping on the floor. The house is empty!

All the best to you and we are with you. Hope you get Oscar! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

May you be successful! *LIVERS, Oscar! LIVERS! Come and get 'em!* :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck::cheerleader::crossfingers:

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK when I got here - he wasn’t around. Then he showed up in his space - but closer to me as he was super hungry. I ran in the house to get the livers and he actually was standing there when I came out and booked it back to were the trap was. I put a small piece at the front of the trap - a couple more and then one on the trip plate and then payday at the end.

I went in the house and watched. He started at the front - slowly went in eating the liver all the way and then got to the trip plate. He stopped, backed out and left.

I’m besides myself!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK when I got here - he wasn’t around. Then he showed up in his space - but closer to me as he was super hungry. I ran in the house to get the livers and he actually was standing there when I came out and booked it back to were the trap was. I put a small piece at the front of the trap - a couple more and then one on the trip plate and then payday at the end.

I went in the house and watched. He started at the front - slowly went in eating the liver all the way and then got to the trip plate. He stopped, backed out and left.

I’m besides myself!!
*Echoing shadowsrescue shadowsrescue 100%*

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

I’m besides myself!!
Almost there! Don't give up! We are still with you all the way!!!

Come on in Oscar!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I know you are getting there with him! As said, be sure to put something to hide the trip plate. I used a thick but soft towel to cushion the whole bottom of the trap so their paws would not feel the wire and they did not see where the trip plate was. Leaves or grass from the area can help disguise it all. Come on Oscar. Liver inside!

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bitsy's Mom Bitsy's Mom : been thinking about you and Oscar. Any news?
No - I was there three days trying and he would NOT go in all the way. I had to leave and will be back in 2 days to try again. I DO think that I will get him . . . .I have to think that or I am heartbroken. It may be on his timetable . . . not mine.

I did find the trap in the middle of the yard this morning and upside down. I had poured tuna juice all over it and I think the fox tried to carry it off. That is why I have to be there to try . . . I really don't want to trap a fox!