Feral Colony Relocation From Nesika Beach, Or

saj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I am helping a home owner who has been caring for a feral colony, but is now ill, has to sell her property and can no longer care for the cats. I am working to get them spayed and neutered, etc. through Friends of Ferals in Port Orford. However, I need to find a shelter/barn program adoption to place them. We have a driver that can transport them wherever there is space.
Also there are 3 - 3 weeks old kitties that are have been handled and 3 six week old kittens that also have been handled, so they are adoptable. They also need a shelter/adoption.
Please reach out if your organization can help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have contacted some but a lot of places do not have room so still looking

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so very hard to find ANY place for cats, the number is overwhelming. I too would get on and post on facebook, contact shelters in the vicinity and ask about possible placements, and get on those buy and sale radio shows and ask for help, there are MANY people who listen to those. An ad in the paper with a picture of the kittens would certainly help, I know they can be a little expensive, maybe a Go fund Me account would help pay for costs. Any costs could most likely be taken off as charitable deductions. I'll pray for you all, please keep us posted!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very inexperienced with all this but I'm seeing that places will take kittens
but not cats you have quite a few kittens, did Friends of Ferals give you any info to where you can take kittens? Do you have Next Door Ap in your area?
I pray you can find someone that knows about this stuff, they are out there.
and they will know what to do, send a letter to the neighbors maybe someone can take over the feeding of the cats?

BigAlley123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do not give up, you are going to find people to help. I am planning to move to your area next year. I lost everything in a wild fire. So my situation is just to keep going day by day. I would help be happy to help if I could. I know it is very hard for both you and your neighbor. I read of a place in gold beach but can not remember the name.
Take care.