Feral Cats

figgymysweet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am caring for a group of feral cats that number between 25 to 30. 22 years ago we moved here to east Texas without any cats and no thought of ever having any. I was mother to my sweet FiggyPuddin, Toy Rat Terrier, and very content with taking care of and loving her. Before long a cat or two started showing up, seemingly hungry, so i started putting out a little food for them. That was the beginning of my great love story with these sly, sweet, cunning, smart and so much more, little creatures who have no real home. They have given me much more than I have given them, enriching my life in so many ways. At present the dry food is costing around $150 a month, so that is getting to be more than I can afford. I do have some concerns, but now I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Judi and I am 74 years old and live here with my husband.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
85548FC0-B3E7-431A-A550-1F9D8250E9D0.gif
Judi, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
C0AE3DBB-82E0-4108-9E69-815499338851.gif
to you.

Glad that you’ve joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and and do check out the many informative articles we have here Articles | The Cat Site

To get a quicker answer to your questions, please post them here in Caring for Strays and Ferals. There are more members who have experience will be able to help you.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere: And bless you for taking care of all those cats. :catrub:

Definitely check out the Caring for Strays and Ferals forum.

Have all your ferals been neutered? If not, someone there could probably assist you in finding low cost spay/neuter clinics in your area. Or perhaps, recommend another rescue group in your area who could assist with your cats.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your group of ferals (and Figgy, too, of course!). Yes, do check the Feral forum. There are lots of very experienced people there who will go the extra mile in getting advice for you, and helping you find local people who can offer assistance, as well!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hellosmiley: Welcome to TCS! It's so good of you to take care of those homeless kitties. As others have mentioned, we do have a forum specifically about caring for strays and ferals where you can ask questions.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello. Welcome to TCS.

:hithere:

I care for a group of former feral cats too. I have 22 at the moment, plus 4 kittens that will be going to new homes next month.

It can be a daunting task taking care of that many cats, but getting them all spayed and neutered makes everything a lot easier.

Come over to the Strays and Feral forum, you'll find lots of like minded people there.