Feral cat's kitten missing??

moreknow

learning to help ferals :)
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I have had feral cats in my backyard for almost 3 years, and I have had this one cat give birth to kittens twice, back in November and now in April. She gave birth to 4 kittens on April 1st in this cat bed underneath our table in our backyard porch. I watched them everyday and observed their behavior and their mom's. Two of them (an all white kitten and a white/orange kitten) started developing swollen eyes and there was a lot of 'hardened discharge'. Every time I could I would use a cloth with warm water to wipe their eyes and try to soften up the hardened discharge and try to remove it, and I tried to apply a triple antibiotic cream only once or twice. This past Sunday both of their eyes got cleared up, and they could now see like the other two. I decided not to apply anything on Monday just to see if anything else happened. And now today I went to go see the kittens again in the morning, all were still alive and were moving around with their eyes open (there's this black and white kitten who hasnt had eye problems, but she doesn't move around as much as the others). The white kitten, the one who had more eye problems, was alive and wobbly when moving around, I kinda got a little suspicious, but nothing serious. I come back around an hour and a half later, and she has disappeared :
I looked around to see if she was dropped off somewhere, and I tried hearing for cries, but there's no sign. I don't know what to do now. I feel like the mother cat suspected that the kitten was ill and that she got rid of her and took her far away, but I read that mother cats eat their kittens once they're dead.,
I'll continue to search for her and try to sneakily look around my neighbors yards.

When it comes to my feral cats, I try everything that I can to take care of them daily without upsetting my parents, b/c they see my attachment to them as unnecessary and excessive
I'd truly appreciate any forms of feedback, as this is my first post here

Thanks in advance :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome!! As you have been doing, keep looking when you can, and listening.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for caring about these cats and kittens. Do you feed them daily?

Do you have a low cost spay clinic in your area to get the mom fixed so she can retire from breeding? That would be ideal.

I’m sorry the kitten is missing. It’s a tough life outside for feral cats. :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I know how worrisome this can be, I would definitely walk in ever-widening circles to see if you can find the kitten, there isn't much you can really do......I'll pray you find it!