Feral Cat's dislike of people other than me

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 1 yr. feral cat Juno, and have had her since 4 mo. She spent all her time in the beginning hiding, but finally trusts me, sort of. She meets me at the door when I come home from work and lets me pet her. When ever anyone comes to the door she runs and hides. If it is my daughter she'll eventually come out. But she's very wary of her since she's the one to clip her nails. Juno is not a lap cat and I have to trick her to pick her up. Anyone else who comes into the house never sees her at all. I'm really concerned because I may have to rehome her. I am not permitted to have cats and I have two. I know Juno would never bond to anyone else and I think I would move before I get rid of her. She's come a long way in the time I've had her and I love her. She's a sweet kitty. I guess my question is "How would she rehome"

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My feral kitten is exactly the same to a t except that she loves when I pick her up. I would definitely meet the prospective adoptees and see how they interact with her before making an definite decisions. I would never rehome my feral for that reason because she has never takin to anyone but me (not even her fosters). I wish you the best of luck. Are you in an apartment that doesnt allow cats? I was in that situation, I snuck mine in because I refused to pay the ridiculous deposit and monthy fee or get them declawed. Luckily I just found a place that excepted both my kitties, with their claws for only 10 extra bucks a month... Havent found a deal like that anywhere.

catpsych

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there,
Instead of rehoming her, if you must give her up I would contact a cat rescue group in your area. You can find one by asking at your local animal shelter or humane societies, even pet stores. Talk to the cat rescue group about how your kitty was feral and they will be glad to take her in and rehome her with a foster family that specializes in socializing ferals, after her time at the foster home she will be better socialized then be able to be rehomed to a permanent family where she will be comfortable. Good luck and kudos for taking in a feral!

Kerry

Originally Posted by deljo

I have a 1 yr. feral cat Juno, and have had her since 4 mo. She spent all her time in the beginning hiding, but finally trusts me, sort of. She meets me at the door when I come home from work and lets me pet her. When ever anyone comes to the door she runs and hides. If it is my daughter she'll eventually come out. But she's very wary of her since she's the one to clip her nails. Juno is not a lap cat and I have to trick her to pick her up. Anyone else who comes into the house never sees her at all. I'm really concerned because I may have to rehome her. I am not permitted to have cats and I have two. I know Juno would never bond to anyone else and I think I would move before I get rid of her. She's come a long way in the time I've had her and I love her. She's a sweet kitty. I guess my question is "How would she rehome"