Feral cat under my home Help.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Although those hormones do take a little time to work out of the system. It won't be instantaneous.

And sorry I didn't get a full grasp of how things were set up with his hidey-hole. I'm THRILLED at how well you've done with him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At first I was just so lost. You all have been a god sent for me. I just had to get this right for him. So happy I found you guys. :woo:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's what we're here for! THAT is why this is a community! And one day, someone will desperately need exactly what you've learned about all of this! And you will be there for them.

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I assume you all are aware of (Hope for paws) They rescue many cats too. Great you tube channel. check it out.
That's what Education is for. To use what you have Learned to help others. Happy to be your Student. When he finally trusts me
would love to show you him. He's a Gorgeous Cat. Black bandit for lack of a better description. omg....he needs a Name lol
in all the Chaos lost sight of that. lol I'll try not to name him till I can post a Pic. so you guys can Help. that sounds fun.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so glad you decided to let him join you at his pace. If you do cap that hole he may get a bit nervous but I have found that they quickly adapt in 99% of cases. Even my big old Tom decided the inside life was a very good one. He might even be a tiny bit spoiled now. Lol I have also had some naming assistance here. We found some very suitable names as I had new kitties join the Clowder. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 gave me one of my favorites. A whole litter of kittens were named along a theme. The names fit beautifully. I happen to have three black kitties myself. All beautiful. There’s a thread on the site of photos of Black cats only so your “foster fail” will have lots of company. Looking forward to seeing him. BTW there are Felliway diffusers that may calm him
a bit. It may reduce anxiety and spraying. I think he’s going to be so happy there! You know, you’re now dog AND cat lover. ;)

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, dogs are needier than cats. I figure that's why I'm more of a dog person. Unfortunately I'm also that way with People. lmbo
Good News.....Hole is completely covered and hes actually staying the same room with me. still no in house touching yet. Hes on screen porch getting some fresh air while he looks for a way out lol he already climbed the screen. poor thing. Hes fine. belly full of kibble and still a full bowel sitting there for him. I'm sure he likes that. Just used litter box again :) I'm just baby talking him while making sure no eye contact. hes doing a lot of that deep throat ed meow that seems so much bigger than he is. if ya know what I mean. No more under home dirt for him. From here on out no more mistakes. I got you guys now. :)

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hes meowing a lot.....is he calling his friends for help? or what ...lol

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hes meowing a lot.....is he calling his friends for help?
This is a male cat, correct? (...and not a female that has kittens out there somewhere). If he's for sure a male, he's likely trying to wrap his mind around his new normal
he already climbed the screen. p
plus I think with that deep growl, he's detecting something outside he doesn't like.

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I can't say with 100% Certainty. The marking I thought was a clue. lots of cats around as its a mobile home park. I had seen him around for a few months prior. Never pregnant far as I know. So, it is more of a deduction that could be flawed. I'm a Rookie at this.
So....I'm gonna need a little education on how to know for sure. am I looking for go nads? lol kitty pebbles? lol the deep growl was all through the evening at different times but was too consistent to be 1 thing he didn't like outside. Interestingly I have never seen any actual kittens anywhere in 20+ years here. Anything is possible i suppose. If there were Kittens out there somewhere....wouldn't she
be more desperate to escape this environment? It found its sleeping spot and is still there sleeping as I write this. Dining room chair
with glass table right above his head. In Home Touching happened just last night before bed for the first time. just walked up to me in my Computer chair and meowed, I reached down scratched his head then he moved on. Then when I woke up he was on dryer looking out window, I walk up talking nice saying morning and I got the meow and hiss. I Immediately backed off before any bloodshed. then a time after he was groggy back on his dining room chair resting. He let me again scratch his head. :) Hes such a Marshmallow when hes sleepy. The laundry room incident, In his defense....He was a bit cornered...as passed me was the only way out of the laundry room.
Yikes...Now you got me worried I'm going to go look under the Home where it use to live to be 100% there are no kittens. I gotta do it now.

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LMBO ah, the Kitty Pebbles. I think I will wait to schedule the examination, till I know I'll be able to come away from the Exam with all
my blood still in my body. tyvm tho....can't stop laughing.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You'll get there. I think he must have been "somebody's cat" at some point, so it will be a matter of reminding, rather than starting from, erm, scratch. He may even be a neutered male, so if you don't see kitty pebbles, don't take "female" as a given! This is actually a pretty good diagram, although the fur doesn't make it easy!

1586830544560.png