Feral cat under my home Help.

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
finally got him. filled his belly. then stupid left a hole open he is now under my home with a full belly. food lure nope baby talk nope just looks at me like im stupid. wait him out? release for recapture? continue to feed him under home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no exit unless i create 1 for him.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Is this cat neutered/spayed? Does it have a tipped ear?
Just wait him out. Be patient, don't look directly at him. Sit on the ground near to where he is and talk to him, but direct eye contact can seem aggressive to cats.

Are you intending to get him inside and make him an indoor kitty?

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
at least foster him till i can find him a home but who knows maybe. hes so farrell tho. nuerted spayed? how would I know that?
hes a stray cat I took in after feeding him for 2 weeks I finally got him then stupid I let him get under my home

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
will do but he has to be getting Hungry as he has missed his normal feeding time today

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you see one ear that has been cut at the tip, that would be an indication that he's been neutered.

You're not stupid, I promise. Cats are incredibly agile, whether this guy has been a stray for a long time, or a feral. Hang in there with him and be patient. The more patient and calm you are, without any expectations of anything, the sooner he'll come out :)

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Next time I get close enough I'll check for the ear thing.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could try putting some food out, depending on whether you have other critters around that might also get into it. Stinky food, tuna, Buddig ham, that sort of thing might prove irresistible for him :) Are you interested in trapping him and getting him inside that way, or do you just want to get him comfortable enough to come close enough to pet him?

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
2 weeks of Tuna in water has been his diet. He missed his feeding time today. If I put Food out for him he will eat and run back under I'm sure of that. He has been a stray as long as I have known him. Inside a home is scary for him. He trusted me enough to let me pick him up. Took him to my screen room finished feeding him. then forgot to block access to under my home he found it now hes under living in the Dirt under my home and wont come out. My goal is not to pet him. well eventually. I'm thinking seriously about letting him out and re acquiring him. after a couple more days of feeding him. Or I wait him out. that's my dilemma.

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he has been living on Lizards as prey living like a wild animal under a neighbors home. Ironic that he now lives under my home
After I caught him. smh

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thinking seriously about letting him out and re acquiring him. after a couple more days of feeding him.
You don't need to starve him - he's under your house now, and if you keep feeding him he'll likely stick around. Be patient with him.
Can you obtain some kibble to expand his diet and get some more calories into him?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a rescue that could lend you a trap? They will help you with trap neuter and release. He will adjust to being inside though it will take time or cover the hole after trapped so he can no longer hide underneath. Or a catio. Good luck! Thanks for caring!

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hes under my home. Finally after 2 weeks of feeding and trying to gain his trust. I finally was able to pick him up and put him in my home. then forgot to block access to the under of home. No. very Farrell. I was lucky to pick him up once without Bloodshed. lol
Hes really very Sweet. If I feed him under home he will not have a reason to come out at all.??????

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How am I going to trap him while he is under my home no trap is going to fit under there?

Dog Lover 100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I could free him from under my home. then reacquire him after a couple more days of feeding him. But I have him now...Sort of lol

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He sounds a bit like a stray that is somewhat familiar with human contact which is to say you'll have an easier time of it, I think.

You'd want to place the food under the house where your arm can reach, then gradually, each feeding, bring the plate further out from under the house.