Feral Cat Limping

Raindrop12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello I’ve been feeding this feral cat for a few weeks that’s been coming to my neighborhood. It’s already been neutered because one of it’s ear is clipped. Two days ago I noticed the cat limping and lifting it’s front paw when it was time to feed it. I didn’t saw anything wrong with it’s leg but it ran away when I approached closer to look at it. Today I saw it putting some weight on its front paw now but it’s still limping a bit. The cat also licks it’s front paw a lot after it’s done eating. It lay on the ground and stretched and I got to take a look at the paw. It looks like it got injured but I’m not sure what caused it. Does anyone know what it could be and if there’s any home remedies I can use to help it? My parents are allergic to cats so I can’t bring the cat inside. I’m also trying to reach out to rescue groups that can help or give advice because I can’t afford a vet right now. If anyone can give me advice and help, I’ll really appreciate it. Thank you.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Bless you for being there for this kitty!! You are going a long way already towards helping, with a reliable source of food :)

You could try adding l-lysine. Some people and vets don't believe it has a positive effect but on the other hand it may.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Bless you for being there for this kitty!! You are going a long way already towards helping, with a reliable source of food :)

You could try adding l-lysine. Some people and vets don't believe it has a positive effect but on the other hand it may.
L-Lysine is used for Upper Respiratory infections. I have never heard of using it for cats with a limp. I don't think it would do much good for a cat that is limping.

I would keep an eye on this kitty. Nothing from the picture you sent looks out of the ordinary. If the limp continues or gets worse, you will need to find a way to get the kitty to the vet.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I commented about it due to some mentions of it being useful for helping the body heal, and that it possibly promotes calcium absorption. Depending on what happened, there could be a bruise on the leg bone(s).

Last edited: