Feral Cat In Need Of Eye Surgery.

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One block shy of Crazyville, West Virginia
I am hoping that I can find more people to share my go fund me link so I can raise enough to get Odin the vet care he needs. I TNR'd him in June this year and that's when I discovered his eye damaged due to either accident or illness. I feel for him and hope that he can get relief soon.
Thank you in advance for all shares... or donations if you can!! ~ Tammy

Click here to support Save this old feral! organized by Tammy Hoover

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I donated and hope you're able to get him the care he needs! Thanks for looking out for him.
Thank you so much!! I could not do this alone. I have his consultation on August 1st, from there I'll know how much more needs to be raised. The initial exam+sedation, medication for any infection, and FIV testing will be about $200 and at this moment between the Gofundme and a couple outside donations we've raised $406! Every little bit helps and we are so grateful.

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. It just KILLS me that our town won't allow TNR. They consider ferals to be "vermin," and to be "exterminated." Anything we do here, we have to sneak and do it. Philistines.
Thank you! Currently I'm caring for a small colony of 8. I can't understand how some can't understand the benefits of TNR. Good luck to you, we do what we must.

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on Odin:
A little good news.. There is an actual eye! We were at the vet Thursday and Odin was sedated so they could examine him, apparently the eyeball has been pushed way back due to infection and a swollen inner lid. I was shocked because it just looked like an empty eye socket. So, the vet is going to try one month of oral medication and I am also attempting to get ointment in the eye... the vet said I probably wouldn't be able to but so far 4 out of 5 doses have gone in! In a month we we determine if the eye can be saved. Thanks to all that helped get him care!!!

~Tammy

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been following your GoFund Me updates, so I was really happy to hear your news on Thursday. The vet thinks that antibiotics alive could possible help Odin's eye without any other intervention? That would be so fantastic! Can Odin see at all out of that eye?

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been following your GoFund Me updates, so I was really happy to hear your news on Thursday. The vet thinks that antibiotics alive could possible help Odin's eye without any other intervention? That would be so fantastic! Can Odin see at all out of that eye?
We won't know for sure until we see if the medicine works, she is hopeful though. The eye itself is still pushed down where it can't be seen yet. He doesn't see me coming when I stick my thumb with the ointment on it in his eye... Though his whiskers still work so he feels it coming and moves a lot... It's definitely a challenge. I won't give up on saving that eye if possible. The vet said in a couple weeks we should be able to tell which direction we're heading.