Feral Cat Eye Issue

kittykelly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can someone tell me what they think is wrong with this feral cat’s eye?

I am able to put terramycin ointment on it and am giving him fish mox.

There is thick clear discharge for both eyes and he’s sneezing, so I thought it was his feline herpes flare up. I’m also giving him l-lysine.

Thanks.

Worried feral cat mom

Attachments

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He probably has a very sever upper respiratory infection. If you can handle him to put meds in his eyes he isn't truly feral so can you get him into the vet? They can get him on proper cat antibiotics at the correct dose and anything else he might need. Eye infections are nothing to mess around with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykelly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Jen,
I had a mobile vet come out and look at him. Unfortunately he found enlarged lymph node on his neck and abdomen, so he thinks it might be lymphoma. The neck node is causing the eye issue. I'm very sad :( We are going to keep giving him love until we think his quality of life is diminished. It's been a good 15 years w/ our little tomcat. :( Thanks for the taking the time to reply.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kittykelly kittykelly - you know him best....keep in mind that he may naturally seclude himself if/when he starts to feel sicker - and then, you might not be able to find him. Are there possible alternatives......outdoor enclosure/garage.....?

Just a thought.

I've too had some heartaches with these guys. It's never easy going.

Thinking of you both :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykelly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
kittykelly kittykelly - you know him best....keep in mind that he may naturally seclude himself if/when he starts to feel sicker - and then, you might not be able to find him. Are there possible alternatives......outdoor enclosure/garage.....?

Just a thought.

I've too had some heartaches with these guys. It's never easy going.

Thinking of you both :redheartpump:
He’s been sick before and usually retreats to one of his hiding spots in our yard. he feels safest here, so he’s never been one to wander far.

Things may change though, and I’ll do what I think is necessary- I just hate for his last weeks or months to be miserable. He’s only know the outside all his life. It’s a real struggle, but my gut tell me it’s not time just yet.