feral cat advice general thinking

charlie s

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone, I have 2 feral/semi feral cats that I want to build an outside enclosure for them, they are not social, but tolerate me feeding them, changing litter etc.No touch!. Let me explain, these 2 male cats appeared from nowhere, nobody in the neighborhood recognizes them. 1 cat is approx 3 yrs of age and the other is 8 yrs. After 5 months of seeing the cats looking for food and shelter. I trapped both cats and they have had a medical evaluation and treatment, because of the increase in coyotes in my area and the fact missing cats has exploded where I am. Both cats are now neutered, and are considered healthy. Please share outside enclosed shelter ideas. Anything I need or should consider e.g best cat box ideas bedding, fencing. I have much land and can build a safe enclosed environment for them that they can be happy. If I was not clear please shout out your questions, I am happy to answer.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
This thread might help if you haven't seen it;

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You are very kind to help these cats. If you are able to build or do something somewhat elaborate, google "catios" and a lot will come up. I would post a link, but there are a lot of pics and suggestions, some purchased, some built.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What size of area do you have to work with?

You can usually build something suitable with 2"x4"s and welded wire fencing, but if money is less of a problem than handy skills, you can buy dog kennel panels and use those instead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charlie s

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What size of area do you have to work with?

You can usually build something suitable with 2"x4"s and welded wire fencing, but if money is less of a problem than handy skills, you can buy dog kennel panels and use those instead.
Thanks!