Feral bored living inside!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is also the time of year when cats get colds, just like people. She may sleep a bit more if she's fighting something off.

You may notice seasonal changes in her sleep and eating patterns. That's okay too.

If you feel she's being lethargic, do a pinch test on the back of the neck and check hydration level. Also check urinary and poo output (aka litter) and water/ food intake. Keep an eye for the next few days and if no changes, consider veterinary attention.

You can also wake her to play with you if you want.

In my experience, the longer you have a cat the more comfortable they are. The first few days you had her she might have slept hard and long due to stress. After time passes you might notice a cat sleeping harder and longer due to comfort.

Lily, our late cat, didn't cuddle anyone for many years and then she did cuddle me every day. Over a decade she slowly went from hiding from people to being an ambassador for cats and specifically black cats. But there's a few leaps of progress I can think of. Magnus, our current cat cuddled us at first, and then did not and now after two years recently began again. We believe it was because he wasn't feeling well for a bit so that's why he stopped cuddling.

Wandering can be a sign of anxiety if it's constant and without settling, so I would think it's a good sign that your cat feels more secure. Some cats do laps periodically of the home as it's their territory, but there should be rest in between the pacing.
Thank you for your time in explaining. I feel better and yes..ill take her to vet if needed. She came out played and ate.. But sleeping again. She seemed to poop a lot yesterday..But Normal amount today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So when it's not raining she's more playful? My cat that was stray for 2 years,now inside, is afraid of the out doors even when its sunny. The weather scares her so she hides
Yes.. Normally since I've had her indoors since may.. She has had lot of energy on what had been mostly warm/hot sunny days. today plus 3 rainy days she's been sleeping all day.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for your time in explaining. I feel better and yes..ill take her to vet if needed. She came out played and ate.. But sleeping again. She seemed to poop a lot yesterday..But Normal amount today.
She's likely okay ☺
Plus, she's got you if she isn't!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Trash is the best toy! At 3 months old,my cay Maggie made up a game by the bathroom door with Coke caps she would slide one under the door go to the other side slide it under again and back and forth she did it for an hour
Lila was about that age when she realized she could scoop her own litter box and play poop hockey with dried little turds. The things we put up with. :lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a new question. It didn't rain much this summer but has for the past 3 days..not so much the last 2. She slept all day the first day...crazy yesterday... Slept all day today!!! My other cat doesn't respond to weather. Is this related to her being a feral or just her in general? Or just coincidence. Cause I've had her long enough inside to know this isn't normal but again it hasn't rained much so it seems related.
Thanks!!!
Agreed. If my “doughnut cat” is anything to go by, there’s rainy weather ahead.

platty

Hobbyist Bengal Cat Breeder
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I have built two outdoor Catios spaces and my cats love them they get the best of both worlds, I have two tunnels going inside the Conservatory. If you know someone who can build one they are not to hard, just some ideas for you thanks 👍🐱
299390447_5412707782156429_4563204716843354614_n.webp.jpg

catio-four-300x225.jpg

catio-one-1-300x252.jpg