Female cat’s spay wound looks normal or a cause of concern?

Tella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my female 6 months old ragdoll spayed 2 weeks ago. She had been healing well but I woke up last Tuesday to her wound having a bit of discharge. Took her to the vet right away. They said the incision isn’t ripped but is swollen and gave a cream to apply daily. Now that the swelling has gone down, I just want to make sure if the incision looks normal? I can feel a bit of suture poking out from one of the ends and there’s a tiny hole as well. Is that a cause of concern and should i take her back?

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello Tella, welcome to TCS.

Actually it doesn't look at all bad to me. I think because she is a white cat the discoloration is more obvious than it would be on a darker cat. It doesn't look inflamed or swollen though, so that's a good sign.

You could send these pictures to your vet and ask their opinion if you're worried.

Here's an article which might help.

Spaying And Neutering – What To Look For After Surgery – TheCatSite Articles

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to second Norachan Norachan 's opinion. There is nothing obviously wrong here. A little puffy is normal, a little seepage of serum/tiny amounts of blood is also normal. And, again, when in doubt, ask if you can send the photos to your vet.