Female cat urinating frequently in tiny clumps

Fluffyfatty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can’t believe I’m dealing with this again! But this time on my female cat....

Today I noticed my 2 year old female cat going in and out of litter boxes very often within just minutes. She would go to all litter boxes around and pee the tiniest clump in just a span of minutes. Also noticeably grooming her genitals more. She’s otherwise very active and playful. Still playing loads and in high spirits.

what do you guys think? A uti? Is it an emergency? I’ve never experienced this on female cats before I thought they were not prone to getting urinating problems

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, emergency. Vet. Now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fluffyfatty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can’t bring her in to the vet for now because I’ve got a very very important interview but I’m worried she can’t wait. I did quickly shot half a dropper full (0.04ml) of Cornsilk into her mouth and gave her 1/2 a tablet of dmannose hoping it can buy me some time

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You do need to get her looked at by a vet as soon as you can. But, given that she is acting normal otherwise, I think you can go to your interview and then take her in afterward - just call the vet ahead of time and make sure they can at least squeeze her in for one of vets or a vet tech to attempt to get a urine sample from her for testing.

Females can have urinary tract issues just as easily as males. The only positive difference is that females are less likely to become blocked. But, it still needs to be treated as quickly as possible to avoid additional complications.