Female Cat Unexpectedly Gives Birth

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question;

Tonight I noticed my female cat has a brownish/pink discharge, and I was wondering if she is okay? I do know my male cat has mounted her once or twice. She still eats food like a little fatty etc, and I have not noticed any changes in her personality. At the moment she's sleeping on the bed and her breathing looks normal etc. How would I be able to identify if she has anything like pyo etc? Seeing that discharge has made me pretty paranoid as she's the one that came into my life when me and my partner had a miscarriage and if I lose her my life wont be the same as I've gotten so attached to her.

(Isn't pyo a different colour to pinkish/brown(ish)?

UPDATE: She let me touch her belly and I think I just felt a baba

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question;

Tonight I noticed my female cat has a brownish/pink discharge, and I was wondering if she is okay? I do know my male cat has mounted her once or twice. She still eats food like a little fatty etc, and I have not noticed any changes in her personality. At the moment she's sleeping on the bed and her breathing looks normal etc. How would I be able to identify if she has anything like pyo etc? Seeing that discharge has made me pretty paranoid as she's the one that came into my life when me and my partner had a miscarriage and if I lose her my life wont be the same as I've gotten so attached to her.

(Isn't pyo a different colour to pinkish/brown(ish)?

UPDATE: She let me touch her belly and I think I just felt a baba
You mean, you felt a baby kitten move? IF so, its near, max 3 weeks perhaps even 2.... If she lets tough her tummy, do rub her, its a nice massage for them.

To your question. If she is unspayed, and a tom mounted her, count she will be preg... Of course, good you are watchful, they CAN have some disease anyway...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!! She's just had one right now!!!! I'm so happy for her!

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
You mean, you felt a baby kitten move? IF so, its near, max 3 weeks perhaps even 2.... If she lets tough her tummy, do rub her, its a nice massage for them.

To your question. If she is unspayed, and a tom mounted her, count she will be preg... Of course, good you are watchful, they CAN have some disease anyway...
UPDATE!! She's just had one right now!!!! I'm so happy for her!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So that was the riddle solved... The brownish fluid was thus entirely normal, probably part of the mucus plug...

Unexpected births does happens if the litter is small. I mean, so the pregnancy may be unnoticed.

I know a couple of examples, when the family cat Peter did hide under the sofa, and after severaly hours did come out carrying a newborn kittens.... And got to get renamed to Petra....

Owners didnt noticed anything.

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
How are things now? Any more kittens?

Please get your male cat neutered ASAP, and plan to spay your female once the kitten(s) wean.
just the one kitten by looks it. And yeah I getting him neutered this month. And after the new year I’m going to get Mia spayed after the new year too! She’s being a grey little mammy so far! She keeps doing her little chirping noises to get my attention and look at the kitten lol
3C4B003A-4B57-4790-A545-A405EC7B4262.jpeg
028DE06D-94A1-4658-AFFA-0D288314EC3C.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
just the one kitten by looks it. And yeah I getting him neutered this month. And after the new year I’m going to get Mia spayed after the new year too! She’s being a grey little mammy so far! She keeps doing her little chirping noises to get my attention and look at the kitten lol
View attachment 438224View attachment 438225
Observe, she may be fertile again after just a several days. Cats arent protected by nursing unlike humans (whom are somewhat protected even if not 100%).

So if your male is a good friend with momma, he prob wont be a danger to the kitten, and may be even he wants to co-parent.
But if its important for you to not risk any next pregnancy, you must look out!

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
Observe, she may be fertile again after just a several days. Cats arent protected by nursing unlike humans (whom are somewhat protected even if not 100%).

So if your male is a good friend with momma, he prob wont be a danger to the kitten, and may be even he wants to co-parent.
But if its important for you to not risk any next pregnancy, you must look out!
yeah I’ve had kittens before and I always make them a too priority! When she had her kitten the father came over to try and clean Mia and the kitten. He’s one massive softy and you can tell he’s proud of himself lol, but all in all I’m always checking on Mia and the kitten to make sure both of them are okay. Going to be getting them both in the vets this month as well for a little check up to make sure things are all okay!

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
I recommend that you keep your male cat 100% separated from mom until a couple weeks after his neuter. Males can remain fertile after a neuter until all the sperm die - -usually 10-14 days.
Thanks! and yeah my partner said the same thing when I told her I'm getting the father snipped :)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia looks so happy and her baby is already a little chunk :loveeyes: That have very beautiful coat patterns. Is Mia on a good quality kitten chow? She will probably enjoy some goat milk or kitten milk replacer to help her body make rich, nourishing milk. Please keep us updated on how the little family is doing :heartshape:

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
Mia looks so happy and her baby is already a little chunk :loveeyes: That have very beautiful coat patterns. Is Mia on a good quality kitten chow? She will probably enjoy some goat milk or kitten milk replacer to help her body make rich, nourishing milk. Please keep us updated on how the little family is doing :heartshape:
Atm Mia is taking a liking to some food that's from "Pets at home" which is Luxury Mousse and Whiskers meat. and I find the kittens pattern so nice!! can't wait for her to get older :3 she absolutely LOVES her kitten! she's never far from her and anytime she hears to kitten cry she runs back over into her little hut she had the kitten in aha

and don't worry I will be keep you guys updated on "Opal" (my partner named the kitten) I will have o upload a few more pictures of the kitten later today if not tonight :D

I've never actually tried my cats on goat milk before! But my cats will defo like it as they always love trying new things to eat and drink

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: little fur ball is doing great! Mia is doing an absolute amazing job with her baby! Mias doing cute chirping noises at me while I’m sat at computer table as her bed is under it so I can keep an eye on her. Kitten is starting to move around on her own and my partners dog has took a liking to the kitten (the pupper grew up with Mia when they both was babies) I’m so happy Mia trusts the dog she grew up with around her kitten and the dog does the grooming when Mia is laid somewhere else to get a little nap. I will keep you guys updated within couple months in little Opals journey into adulthood

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww. Baby gets Momma all to herself. No fighting to get to the milk!

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
:thud:cuteness overload!!!! Opal is perfectly named and Mia is over-the-moon precious, cuddling with her baby. Opal is so blessed to be in such a loving family, complete with her own protector-doggy. Thank you for the pictures!
I'll upload a old picture of mia and her doggo friend later today ^_^ my partners dog a is a malli x saluki