Female cat in heat.

antalashia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So..my female cat is one and a half years old and I've been debating whether to spay her or not. Cause I read a lot on it and there are health complications with spaying.
My biggest question though is whether it's okay for them to just go into heat and go on with their lives. Like... If I don't spay her and she continues to have her Heat on and off, is that a bad thing? Is having heat many times bad? What happens?

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going into heat is not a fun ordeal. They will be looking to make, and Your cat will become very loud and wail nonstop, and their mood will change. Spaying is overall a better idea. Unspayed cats might exhibit otherwise avoidable, negative behavior.
Spaying limits the chance of cancer greatly, and helps them live healthier, longer lives. Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats – TheCatSite Articles
I hope this helps :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There really aren't any "health complications" when it comes to spaying cats. And a lot of complications to having an unspayed cat.

Cats are induced ovulators, which means they don't drop an egg until mated, which means their body is in a virtually constant state of readiness to breed. This commonly leads to uterine hyperplasia, which sometimes leads to pyometra. Its just not healthy for them.