Female cat discharge

Jjkinda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I have been really worried about my cat, I have observed her licking her genitals for about a week and today I noticed discharge. I worry that she may have an infection but I need more information and professional help on if this is serious. I have not noticed a change in behavior, she is unspayed and has only been licking enough for me to notice. I have not noticed blood or loss of apetite. Help with any info or advice please

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I think that this calls for a vet, especially with the discharge. This could be the first sign of an infected uterus in an unspayed cat. If there is an ER vet available, I would go that route if possible.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she is not spayed, this could be pyometra which can be fatal if left unattended. Please get her to the vet immediately for a check.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ANY discharge like that needs immediate vet attention. And yes, pyometra can be fatal. The sooner this is addressed, the better. Please do let us know what the vet says, and how she is doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jjkinda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello All! I was afraid it might have been pyometra so I got her to the vet as soon as possible.
I am glad I noticed these signs and got it checked as soon as I could, she went under successful surgery to both spay and remove the infection.
Discharge is definitely when I reccomend any cat owner to go to the Vet. It will Not be a UTI, so please any future cat owners take your cat immediately to vet if you see her over grooming and discharge!!
Ty all for answers

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad you got her to the vet and got the treatment she needs. How is she recovering?