FELV Rescue

Cats and Bees

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of a FELV rescue? I am in southern Indiana. I have spent the entire morning calling different shelters and everyone is of course full and not taking in anymore. I have a multi-cat house and I can not care for this guy anymore. I have spent six months trying to integrate him and he wants to fight one of my guys which in turn has started someone peeing on everything including the door where he was separated, which I can't take anymore. I really don't want to euthanize him, as he is very healthy atm, but I can no longer risk the health of the rest of the household, and I can't handle the misbehavior. Thanks.

Furballsmom

Cat Fan especially Black Cats
Veteran
Purraise
Here are calming products and music sources;
There's spotify, Youtube, Alexa cat music, RelaxMyCat and MusicForCats.

Only Natural Pet has a calming product called Just Relax Calming spray with essential oil (catnip oil).

There's this one, be sure and scroll all the way down the page;
www.bachflower.com

Also, there is ThunderWunders calming chews, Richard's Organic Pet Calm drops, Naturevet Hemp, HomeoPet Anxiety Relief, Head to Tail Calming, Relaxivet Quiet Moments Cat treats, GNC Calming formula, and there is Calm-o-mile, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy - UK (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-eze, Pet Organics No Stress, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has other calming products, Pet Naturals also has one I believe, and there are others.

Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course chewy, also there's Petwishpros, animaleo, 1-800-petmeds, Petco and PetSmart, and other pet stores.

There is also a product called a lickimat which could be helpful, as cats can be calmed by the process of licking.
foodpuzzlesforcats.com

This post talks about some other products;

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of a FELV rescue? I am in southern Indiana. I have spent the entire morning calling different shelters and everyone is of course full and not taking in anymore. I have a multi-cat house and I can not care for this guy anymore. I have spent six months trying to integrate him and he wants to fight one of my guys which in turn has started someone peeing on everything including the door where he was separated, which I can't take anymore. I really don't want to euthanize him, as he is very healthy atm, but I can no longer risk the health of the rest of the household, and I can't handle the misbehavior. Thanks.
Some databases to check:

animalrescuedirectory.net (select your State to view orgs to contact)
bestfriends.org
alleycat.org

Also, input something like "Cat rescues accepting FeLV+ cats in (your location -- you can refine as you wish)" into your computer's search engine and also facebook's if you're on there.

*PRAYERS* for his survival! and for him to find safe haven.

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have to integrate him? Could he just live in the room you have him in?

There are ways to provide enrichment and give him the attention he needs.