Vegetarian & Vegan Food and Lifestyle

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
there should be a law that all companies list all ingredients or if a product is vegan or vegetarian. when i emailed campbell's soup and uncle bens they never replied. when i called hershey the woman that answered the phone was very nasty. i don't like wine but i drink heineken beer once in awhile which is vegen.
I agree. You'd think it would make more sense to them from a business standpoint too. Being able to glance a label and knowing that the product is suitable for a certain diet would sell more product. Using vague terms like "natural flavors" comes off as shady.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Using vague terms like "natural flavors" comes off as shady.
I know. I just assumed they would list it if the natural flavors had meat in them. On the different ramen noodles I used to buy, they would always list if the flavoring was beef, fish, chicken. It's just common sense to let the consumer know what they are eating.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you can eat the oriental ramen noodles. i was told they were vegan. when i could not find the orieńtal soup i would buy one of the meat packs of ramen and just use the noodles. i would cook the noodles and add butter and vegetables.

my sister brought me some vegan protien drinks becquse i am suppose to be on a high protein diet. she got it off the internet and is called orgain organic nutrition and is suppose to be a nutritional shake. it is just plain nasty. i will drink one a day because i need the protein but i won't be get6ing any more of it. she got some for herself and she likes it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if I could make my own version of those Knorr Pasta Sides packets? I have dried pasta. Then maybe use shredded cheese in place of the powdered cheese. Milk, butter, water. No idea what to use for the spices. I'll look for a copycat recipe. I need to learn to make my own recipes instead of eating processed all the time.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if I could make my own version of those Knorr Pasta Sides packets? I have dried pasta. Then maybe use shredded cheese in place of the powdered cheese. Milk, butter, water. No idea what to use for the spices. I'll look for a copycat recipe. I need to learn to make my own recipes instead of eating processed all the time.
Search

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You vegetarians may be interested in this Indian meal kit: Fork On A Road It looks like each kit contains the spices and whatnot you need and you just provide the vegetables, rice, and other pantry items to put the dish together.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went out for brunch to an all vegan/vegetarian restaurant and I enjoyed a delicious veggie scramble. It was made with tofu, mushrooms, spinach, cipollini onions, confit tomato, avocado and roasted fingerling potatoes. They served coffee in a french press instead of a carafe which I thought was a nice touch.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having a family dish for dinner and since it is meat free thought I would share it.

Peas and Pasta for One

A cup and a half of frozen peas
1 tbsp oil
1/4 cup onions
Garlic salt
Pepper
1/4 cup tiny pasta, like orzo or acini de Pepe

Place peas in frying pan with oil, a shake of pepper and a couple shakes of garlic salt. Sauté the peas in oil over medium heat with a lid on until they thaw. Remove cover and continue cooking, stirring frequently until the onions are browned and the peas soft and starting to brown.

While peas are cooking, start a pot of water boiling and then add a 1/4 cup of very small pasta. When cooked, drain, place in a bowl with a dollop or butter and mix in the peas. Salt and pepper to taste.
7BB97B3E-E800-4080-B053-E68941BAE6F4.jpeg

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having a family dish for dinner and since it is meat free thought I would share it.

Peas and Pasta for One

1 tbsp oil
1/4 cup onions
Garlic salt
Pepper

Place peas in frying pan with oil, a shake of pepper and a couple shakes of garlic salt. Sauté the peas in oil over medium heat with a lid on until they thaw. Remove cover and continue cooking, stirring frequently until the onions are browned and the peas soft and starting to brown.

While peas are cooking, start a pot of water boiling and then add a 1/4 cup of very small pasta. When cooked, drain, place in a bowl with a dollop or butter and mix in the peas. Salt and pepper to taste.
View attachment 354776
That looks delicious. Thanks for posting.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Peas and Pasta for One

1 tbsp oil
1/4 cup onions
Garlic salt
Pepper

View attachment 354776
Thanks for posting. Peas, being a legume, have more protein than most veggies, so that's a healthy combo.