Fellow Vegetarians?

Kat0121

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
there should be a law that all companies list all ingredients or if a product is vegan or vegetarian. when i emailed campbell's soup and uncle bens they never replied. when i called hershey the woman that answered the phone was very nasty. i don't like wine but i drink heineken beer once in awhile which is vegen.
I agree. You'd think it would make more sense to them from a business standpoint too. Being able to glance a label and knowing that the product is suitable for a certain diet would sell more product. Using vague terms like "natural flavors" comes off as shady.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Using vague terms like "natural flavors" comes off as shady.
I know. I just assumed they would list it if the natural flavors had meat in them. On the different ramen noodles I used to buy, they would always list if the flavoring was beef, fish, chicken. It's just common sense to let the consumer know what they are eating.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
you can eat the oriental ramen noodles. i was told they were vegan. when i could not find the orieńtal soup i would buy one of the meat packs of ramen and just use the noodles. i would cook the noodles and add butter and vegetables.

my sister brought me some vegan protien drinks becquse i am suppose to be on a high protein diet. she got it off the internet and is called orgain organic nutrition and is suppose to be a nutritional shake. it is just plain nasty. i will drink one a day because i need the protein but i won't be get6ing any more of it. she got some for herself and she likes it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
I wonder if I could make my own version of those Knorr Pasta Sides packets? I have dried pasta. Then maybe use shredded cheese in place of the powdered cheese. Milk, butter, water. No idea what to use for the spices. I'll look for a copycat recipe. I need to learn to make my own recipes instead of eating processed all the time.

Kat0121

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
I wonder if I could make my own version of those Knorr Pasta Sides packets? I have dried pasta. Then maybe use shredded cheese in place of the powdered cheese. Milk, butter, water. No idea what to use for the spices. I'll look for a copycat recipe. I need to learn to make my own recipes instead of eating processed all the time.
Search