Felix

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We said goodbye to Felix today. He was 17, and had been in a decline for several months. Yesterday he was having a very bad day, and I could tell he was not happy with being alive.

We saw the vet today. He could find nothing wrong with Felix on physical exam, other than some muscle wasting. The symptoms I reported were also vague. I asked for labs.

Felix’s kidney numbers were horrible. The vet was astounded that he wasn’t acting much, much sicker. He said we could try meds and fluids, but it would not improve his quality of life appreciably. Felix was a former feral, and no way was I going to subject him to more stress. So we said our goodbyes. My husband made it to the clinic in time to hold him one more time.

I am no stranger to pet loss, having lost all three of my precious kitties in a span of 7 months and one day. I am petless for the first time since 1985.

Goodbye my handsome Felix. Thank you for always being the best boy anyone could ever want.

Attachments

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved Felix! Please don’t blame yourself. Letting them go is a kindness.

If you don’t have other cats, I would suggest (in the coming months) fostering pregnant mama cats until you are ready to adopt. That way you can still have kitties in your home, give a mama cat a safe place to raise her babies & not have to try to adopt before your is ready. (Bec

The two things that helped me the most in my grief of losing my cat were an almost life size painting of him & talking out loud to him while petting a cat. No idea why the talking helps but it does (maybe it is a fur thing?) It was recommended to me on this site. I still tell Jackie (my current cat) about his Uncle Dante occasionally. When you are ready, if you want, you can get a favorite picture of Felix printed on a canvas fram at places that print digital pictures for you (Walmart,Costco or a place online like Shutterfly.)

Again I am so sorry!

Attachments

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Tuxedo gone, it hurts me more than others because it reminds me that one day my Sylvester will leave me too....I am so so sorry for your loss, he had 17 GREAT years thanks to you but even 100 years is not long enough, but you did the right albeit hardest thing, you released him from his pain riddled body and he is fine now, just fine, and the reunion when you meet again will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Felix, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

There are no words. Nothing that I can say that comes close to what I am feeling about your recent losses. Just...know I am holding my hand and heart out across the miles.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so hard to say goodbye......you could not let that sweet boy suffer. A last act of kindness, a last act of love.
Your heart is most likely overflowing with tears and sadness, to lose so many in such a short period of time leaves a huge hole in your soul. That hole will fill in over time but will leave a scar that will always remind you of the pain you are suffering right now. The pain will lessen in time, dulled when the happy memories begin to replace some of the sad. But for now, it just hurts, and will for a long time.
We are here as a testament to surviving the pain of loss, we are here to lend a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear his story. The love you shared with that special boy cannot be even imagined by anyone else, it is as unique as a snowflake, known only to your heart. The pain is equal to the love. That love is spiritual, so eternal. It can NEVER be taken from you and your boy will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. He is safe, he is whole once more and free from pain. Because he has your love and will forever hold it in his heart. He was in your life for a reason, and that reason was love.
His love will reside now beside the other loves you hold dear, never replacing but enhancing, helping theirs and his to grow even stronger, even more special. Because he loves you so much, he would want you to go forward into life and live it as you would want for him to go on if you were the first to go.
Try not to dwell on his end, he would never want that. Instead, celebrate sharing your life's journey for a while with him, and thank him for being in your life for a while. You have received something that is one of this world's greatest gifts, a cat's love......RIP dear Felix. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!