Feliway frustration!

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have an ongoing behavior problem situation with my big orange lovable beast Big Guy that requires 24/7 Feliway. I'll probably start another thread sometimes about it, but I want to focus on the Feliway here.    When the diffuser is working it is like magic and things get so much better, but I've had increasing problems over the last year especially with the "wick" drying out and the diffusing stopping.    Whenever this happens and I know this because Big Guy starts acting up and I look at the wick and it's pale and dry, I unplug the diffuser and let it sit overnight, the wick gets soaked up again and we're good to go....for a day, a week, who knows?    I've tried buying different brands of the refill (Comfort Zone, Feliway, and the French made one) and the diffuser itself, nothing seems to eliminate this wick drying out problem.   I have a spray of it that I use in a pinch, but surely there must be an answer.   Thanks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought a Feliway diffuser a few weeks ago for the first time in years. My problem is that it started smoking/steaming. I unplugged it and haven't plugged it back in.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have never usd one but some say theirs was fine others say that the thing that plugs into the wall was warped and all thst so I would say if you don't trust it then get ride of it or get it checked out or if you do trust it keep it pluged in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AbbysMom, I've had two diffusers over the past couple years but never any smoking and steaming.   Sounds like you did the right thing, too late to get your money back?

Tabbymommy, there does seem to be a lot of inconsistency with these doesn't there?   There were times when I first started with it where I had no problems at all.   Maybe it's quality control issues.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea that's why I ain't going to get it if I ever need something to calm my cat sofar I don't need annything so some. Of the. Stuff I say one here is from research