Feliway Diffuser

melissaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen some of you posting about the Feliway Diffuser on here and I'm interested in some more info!

My boyfriend and I are moving from a tiny apartment (less than 500 sq ft) to a new home (1500 sq ft) in 6 weeks and bringing our girls with us. Our friend is also moving in with us and bringing her cat.

Our older cat Aspen doesn't react to stress well, does not like other cats and does not like other people.
Our younger cat Libby likes other cats and people, but not new places!
The girls had to go live with my parents for a couple months a few years back as my boyfriend had cancer and we had to go out of town for his treatment and poor Libby hid under a bed literally the entire time. The poor monkey was so panicked about the new location and I think probably the space (my parents home is quite large) in comparison to the tiny apartment she's spent her entire life in.

I'm wondering if the Feliway might help calm down some of the girls' issues when we move?
How many should I be using for a house of this size...one per room or just one for the entire house?

Also, hopefully I can find somewhere in Canada that sells them for a decent price!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by melissaw

I've seen some of you posting about the Feliway Diffuser on here and I'm interested in some more info!

My boyfriend and I are moving from a tiny apartment (less than 500 sq ft) to a new home (1500 sq ft) in 6 weeks and bringing our girls with us. Our friend is also moving in with us and bringing her cat.

Our older cat Aspen doesn't react to stress well, does not like other cats and does not like other people.
Our younger cat Libby likes other cats and people, but not new places!
The girls had to go live with my parents for a couple months a few years back as my boyfriend had cancer and we had to go out of town for his treatment and poor Libby hid under a bed literally the entire time. The poor monkey was so panicked about the new location and I think probably the space (my parents home is quite large) in comparison to the tiny apartment she's spent her entire life in.

I'm wondering if the Feliway might help calm down some of the girls' issues when we move?
How many should I be using for a house of this size...one per room or just one for the entire house?

Also, hopefully I can find somewhere in Canada that sells them for a decent price!
I have a diffuser on all the time and have for years. My house is 1200 sq and I use just one in the area my cats spend the most time in. They recommend one diffuser for every 500 sq, so one should do you. I can't help you with retailers in Canada, but I swear by Feliway! You might want to check out some eBay sellers based in Canada.
Good luck with your blended family.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd go with two diffusers for a house that size unless there are areas of it that they won't be going into. You could also get the spray stuff and spray down the things they'll be in the most contact with.