Feliway And Amazon.

daisysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just thought I’d share this little tidbit about Feliway and Amazon.
My confidence in Amazon shopping has been shattered when I recently found out that the site is awash with counterfeit goods. The number of huge claims against Amazon is increasing by the day. Myself, I recently found that a birdfeeder (yes a bitdfeeder. Not all counterfeits are Gucci bags and praada) was a knockoff. This was a year after I purchased it and Amazon refunded my money without quibble.
This made me think though, that the years I have purchased Feliway diffuser refills, literally hundreds of dollars, from Amazon may be suspect.
I contacted the company, Ceva animal health. Sure enough. ‘You are right’ they said, ‘in the last two weeks we have started Selling through Amazon to try and balance the sales of counterfeit goods on the site. Anything before that period could have come from anywhere.’ So all the Feliway that I purchased through Amazon for the past few years has been fake!
Ceva told me that only their products sold on Amazon for the past two weeks stating that the product is supplied by Ceva is genuine.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't bought a lot of things on Amazon (or WalMart) for a while for that reason. You have to pay attention to the seller and even then they can be misleading. My general rule is books, new video games and new movies are safe. If the link for the page is directly from the manufacturer and the seller matches it is usually safe. Then there is stuff I don't really care about it being fake like pop tents for the rabbit or blankets. Although I do a search on the reviews for counterfit and make sure there is an expected number of bad reviews. I am a bit jaded because I spent two years dealing with ticket issues at Disneyland. I know the tricks they pulled there from stolen credit cards to purchase, copies, reselling used and downright forgeries.

It's sad how many counterfit products or downright stolen items are listed. I was reading reviews for 23andMe DNA tests and someone bought a bunch with a stolen credit card to sell on Amazon. The company voided the package codes so they weren't good for redeeming. I have even heard of fake pet food that is recalled food being resold after the manufacturer throws it out or buying cheap knock off to package in desired brand fake bags.

People will go to any end to make a dollar.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
This happened to Furminator buyers. The combs have literally thousands of 5-star reviews (and tons of 4-star reviews as well), but most of the critical reviews were, "Fake product." On one product page someone did claim it is the real thing now - and so was the one I bought.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I run the url of most amazon products I buy now through this site.
Fakespot | Analyze and identify fake reviews

Not only are there counterfeit products, but tons of fake reviews. That site helps you catch them.
That's a nice site.

I've seen legit pages with the "buy it cheaper from this seller" link and unsuspecting people click and end up on fake. Or the same listing with multiple sellers that if you aren't careful you will get a fake.

It's just bad. I buy direct from manufacturer or through Chewy or other stores that buy direct.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was in the news, many fake sellers bring in counterfeit products and start selling them on the same page as the original one by being one of the sellers. People dont pay attention who is shipping them the product- if its shipped and fulfilled by Amazon- its probably genuine. If another seller- i try not to buy those.
I just bought feliway through Chewy this time. Prior to this all my feliway came from Amazon.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So this is confusing- I got the two refill pack which says feliway, but Comfort Zone in big letters. Not sure if this is the actual Ceva feliway or not. To be safe- I am going to return those and get the single refill from the direct link from Ceva to Chewy or Amazon.
Although they do last for a month. The cheap ones were finished in like a week.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I think Comfort Zone is the brand name for Feliway diffusers.

Hugospal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good to know. I guess it was time to start getting my Feliway someplace else anyway. Amazon raised their prices for prime and I ended my subscription. I get my refills from Chewy.com now.

heatherlcornett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently purchased a Feliway refill on Amazon (never had any issues before), but this one melted in the diffuser and started to get very hot. I think it may have been counterfeit as well. I'll stick to buying them from chewy.com from now on.

Pixie_kitttie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought my feliway diffusers through Amazon and chewy.com, and they're all identical. From Amazon, I bought it from the Ceva seller, not some random person or company. I decided to do my second order through chewy.com cause a friend gave me a coupon.

Btw, there are different types of diffusers from Ceva. Comfort zone is not the same as the original.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a nice site.

I've seen legit pages with the "buy it cheaper from this seller" link and unsuspecting people click and end up on fake. Or the same listing with multiple sellers that if you aren't careful you will get a fake.

It's just bad. I buy direct from manufacturer or through Chewy or other stores that buy direct.
The only reason I ever do that is one of those sellers offers Prime shipping and on the product page Amazon notes it is not Prime eligible.

LuxBear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please also be aware if you are buying your cat food from Amazon. I feed my cats wet and dry food and I buy them at Petco. I was searching Amazon for a cheaper way to get the brands I feed and the canned food had a ton of complaints about weight and mold among other things. Some people even got empty cans. There are photos to accompany some of the complaints. I have never seen anything like it from the Petco cans. It looked very suspicious to me as if someone was just printing labels and slapping them on cans of who knows what. Scary stuff for sure. Just a heads up!