Feline Naturals freeze dried food

livismom1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First, I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried to search but couldn't really find much

Does anyone feed their cats this food? It seems ranked good and the ingredients look legit. I'm mostly worried about bone content.

My 8 year old neutered cat is so hard to feed. I've finally got him off of dry food. He "will" eat (sometimes if it pleases his majesty) Stella & Chewy duck duck goose and Farmina canned venison and pumpkin. I bought a small bag of the Feline Natural and gave him a few shreds of that (rehydrated) and I have never seen him eat so fast or lick the plate clean. Then last night I gave him some canned food and he refused it. He would only eat the Feline Natural. I haven't even had a chance to slowly introduce the new food. Lol but before I buy a big bag of it, I just wanted to get some honest opinions of it here.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven’t tried Feline Natural with my cats, but it does look like a high quality food. I can’t see that the freeze dried has bone. It looks like the calcium is provided by either calcium carbonate or kelp. I did see bone listed in some of the canned food ingredients, though.

I found this statement by Feline Natural in a review on Amazon:

Our Feline Natural diets generally do not include any added bone; however, some bone can still be included as part of the meat ingredient when it is sourced from the carcass of the animal. This bone is not included as a separate ingredient in the product's listing as it is still by industry standards considered 'meat.'​

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

livismom1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven’t tried Feline Natural with my cats, but it does look like a high quality food. I can’t see that the freeze dried has bone. It looks like the calcium is provided by either calcium carbonate or kelp. I did see bone listed in some of the canned food ingredients, though.

I found this statement by Feline Natural in a review on Amazon:

Our Feline Natural diets generally do not include any added bone; however, some bone can still be included as part of the meat ingredient when it is sourced from the carcass of the animal. This bone is not included as a separate ingredient in the product's listing as it is still by industry standards considered 'meat.'​
Thank you for your reply. There is some bone cause I poked myself with some as I was breaking it up to rehydrate. Lol I never even thought to look at reviews on Amazon. I'm too scared to order food off Amazon. I either order direct from the company or Chewy's.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. There is some bone cause I poked myself with some as I was breaking it up to rehydrate. Lol I never even thought to look at reviews on Amazon. I'm too scared to order food off Amazon. I either order direct from the company or Chewy's.
Yeah, I don’t order cat food from Amazon either. I just use it as another source of info, although I verify from other sources.

You could try sending a message to the company. I did that with Northwest Naturals regarding the bone content of their freeze-dried food and got a prompt response (7%).

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wysong freeze dried Archetype quail doesn't have any bone although it does contain some veggies and "natural flavor". I reconstitute thoroughly, Molly really likes it. I feed her Primal venison, one meal, which has about 7% bone but not two meals because she gets slightly constipated (if the 7% bone is accurate).

I need to confirm with Wysong re: the accuracy of the no bones included in their quail and rabbit formula, I read the info on Chewy which may or may not be accurate. Ingredients for quail list calcium carbonate.