Feline Natural Canned Food

yogakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I'll get both and rotate. Well, maybe not right away. I'll try the venison first. Unfortunately, Chewy's does not ship to Canada at this point, so I'm out of luck there.

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
how does this food compare to Hound and Gatos? Please help trying to make up my mind. Has k9 natural cat ver been recalled? Thanks

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how does this food compare to Hound and Gatos? Please help trying to make up my mind. Has k9 natural cat ver been recalled? Thanks
No comparison. FN is far, far superior. Never been recalled. Excellent company. I don't like or feed H&G. It's high in salt. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

manx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
FN has also come out with two new flavors. Beef and Hoki and Lamb and Salmon. My cat likes these and as long as you only feed occasionally then the fish shouldn't be an issue.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree: Feline Natural is better food than Hound & Gatos, which has lots of gums.

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you use a rotation and if so what do you use. I have never rotated my guys food always stayed with one flavor. Kind of a long story, these guys are healthy now but it seems like after 5 months of Hound and Gatos no one can get any food! I would be interested in anyone else's comments on using FN and Hound and Gatos difference. Anyone using Carna 4 for cats. You have to add water per owner on the baked synthetic free food because of it being dry food. Thanks.

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought so, it seems like every time I open a can I am scraping the gum like substance off, don't know if this is ok on the food like that???

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I started feline natural only a quarter last night and this morning, stools on one of my cats really smelled. Is this normal for that food? Anyone. Thanks

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started feline natural only a quarter last night and this morning, stools on one of my cats really smelled. Is this normal for that food? Anyone. Thanks
Not normal, but likely just some tummy upset from the transition. It should clear up, or you can get some slippery elm and/or probiotics to help soothe the tummy during the transition. 

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is on a probiotic, Just Food for Dogs probiotic live due to transitioning fro wellness to hound and Gatos. They have only been on HG for a month now and I am transitioning again, I may need to go real slow, like a teaspoon a day!

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the ingredients are great but why have they not answered the questions asked by Dr Lisa Pierson so she can add their nutritional calories of protein, fat and carbs? Right now she does NOT recommend this brand? Anyone????

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the ingredients are great but why have they not answered the questions asked by Dr Lisa Pierson so she can add their nutritional calories of protein, fat and carbs? Right now she does NOT recommend this brand? Anyone????
They respond to this question all the time on their FB page. They have most of the info listed on their website, they have the calories info on their FB as well as the info on phos levels. 

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wondered the same thing when I saw that on Dr. P's site: I've seen Feline Natural nutrition info on Facebook and here. I totally trust their foods and our cats love both their canned and freeze-dried!

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought so, it seems like every time I open a can I am scraping the gum like substance off, don't know if this is ok on the food like that???
What gum? FN is gum free. I noticed some of the food sticks to the smaller cans more so than the larger ones.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wondered the same thing when I saw that on Dr. P's site: I've seen Feline Natural nutrition info on Facebook and here. I totally trust their foods and our cats love both their canned and freeze-dried!
Did Dr. Pierson update her list? I'm on a phone now, hard to access her charts.

Let me just say this: FN has offered transparency of their ingredient sourcing via the pledge, (you all know which one I'm talking about), they are also one of the very few cat foods to make "the list" of approved foods, year after year after year ... so not sure what happened with Dr. P, however, I trust FN. Get the info you need, as missmimz suggested, via posting to their FB page. I needed phosphorus info and they responded to my inquiries.

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did Dr. Pierson update her list? I'm on a phone now, hard to access her charts.

Let me just say this: FN has offered transparency of their ingredient sourcing via the pledge, (you all know which one I'm talking about), they are also one of the very few cat foods to make "the list" of approved foods, year after year after year ... so not sure what happened with Dr. P, however, I trust FN. Get the info you need, as missmimz suggested, via posting to their FB page. I needed phosphorus info and they responded to my inquiries.
Yes, she updated her list. She added lots of foods and data. But she no longer lists phosphorus or dry matter carbs... I got very used to dry matter carbs!

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am concerned that the protein is so low 6.8 for lamb and chicken, and the fact they are almost all water, so where is the bulk of the nutrients? I don't like GA min and that is what they are giving us? I have asked for their dry matter analysis lets see what info I get.

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am concerned that the protein is so low 6.8 for lamb and chicken, and the fact they are almost all water, so where is the bulk of the nutrients? I don't like GA min and that is what they are giving us? I have asked for their dry matter analysis lets see what info I get.
The chicken and lamb is the lowest. Their other varieties that have fish are higher. I wouldn't feed the chicken and lamb exclusively. 

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree. I don't like any fish because of toxins. Can you tell me what you feed ur kitties? I have never rotated and am not sure how to start. Right now I give them hound and Gatos rabbit, chicken and lamb. I hope this is a good food with the new cannery and everything, then I will give occasionally FN lamb and chicken and I may try Fromm canned? Your thoughts on Fromm canned? Thanks.