Feline leukemia virus...opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad you finally have a confirmed answer to this mystery. Hoping there is something they can do to get rid of the stones. I know in some case they can break them up using some sort of sound via laser, same with humans if the stones are too large to pass. Is he on a special diet in the meantime?

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So you have Mr. Catto AND Luke with renal failure? This does sound suspicious that there is some toxin there are getting into. Perhaps something around the house you use to clean?

Well anyway, I did find this thread that might be extremely helpful for the FeLV treatment: FeLV Testing, Vaccines, Treatments... what I learned. Maybe it'll help someone else.
I agree do you mop with a shark steamer and water and use nothing else on the floors

Their food bowl I would use fragrance free
Dish wash soap like seventh generation free and clear

On mats too

Of course I use all free and clear for their blankets and all our clothes and towels and bedding

I do buy fragrance free litter either one by arm and hammer or by cats pride in the jug unscented

We keep the litter box scooped six times and clean it out totally once a week
Outside using hydrogen peroxide and then the water hose and dry it then add all new Fragrance free litter

Hope this helps someone reading my reply and that your kitties do not have leukemia

Sheri and lily

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I felt how you feel in how your poor mouth was treated and the stress upon you and the money taken you know to me some people are not called as we say to be medical doctors nor teachers nor vets

There are some great loving honest ones but I have met the others in my health and also my pets Health

In prayer 🙏 for you all
To feel better and get rest for your immune system and calm thoughts soon.

I am just getting there after almost losing lily this month due to mid judgement at a vet I trusted forty years
Sheri and lily

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for everything.
We got to the right doctor,too late. Unfortunately, too late. They tried to flush the stones out but we had to take a pause for 3 days Because my little boys legs and veins were in a poor condition. Those 3 days were critical. There were still options (except surgery, he couldn't take anesthesia) to try but time choose not to give us enough...
my little boy crossed the rainbow bridge now a few hours ago. There even was a real rainbow outside meanwhile. It was difficult for all of us. I had hope ,I still had hope even yesterday.
I'm mad that the previous doctors took precious ,very precious time from us ,misdiagnosing him and with not good enough treatment. I'm mad They took the precious time in which he could have been better if we find our actual doctor back then OR if they give a good diagnosis. I did not have the power to update this post , I tried to stay positive for him and I put all my energy and time and strength to him. He will not suffer anymore.
(Btw feline leukemia was inactive in him..)
:rbheart::sniffle::catlove:

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you finally have a confirmed answer to this mystery. Hoping there is something they can do to get rid of the stones. I know in some case they can break them up using some sort of sound via laser, same with humans if the stones are too large to pass. Is he on a special diet in the meantime?
Yes he was ! This doctor tried her best . Until he gave up. I mean he got very stressed by this Sunday, needed a break from the flushing. Next day everything went downwards and this morning.. he crossed the rainbow bridge :(

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry
Thank you:( I am devastated. Very much. And mad and sad and everything together because he could have made it out if this all... but now he doesn't suffer anymore...issue is he shouldn't have had suffered at all if the doctors knew what they were doing or if at least they listened to what I was telling them... in a way , I am happy we were able to find a good doctor..I'm just sad it was way too late already...

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry for your loss and the fact that he could have been likely saved had the other doctor given a correct diagnosis.
It happened to me too, so I know what it means.
Take comfort in the fact that you can't blme yourself at all, in fact you must be very proud of you for trying everything possible, and Luke knows it well.
RIP sweet Luke, give comfort to your mom.

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry for your loss and the fact that he could have been likely saved had the other doctor given a correct diagnosis.
It happened to me too, so I know what it means.
Take comfort in the fact that you can't blme yourself at all, in fact you must be very proud of you for trying everything possible, and Luke knows it well.
RIP sweet Luke, give comfort to your mom.
Thank you and I'm really sorry ,that you had to go through the same:( it's the worst.
:catlove:

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know your grief is to where you feel you can not put one foot in front of the other or think without seeing your kitty 🐱

Try to picture your kitty well and happy before it got sick

And as the weeks go by it becomes bearable
You never forget but the tears will lessen in months to come

Your cat suffered horribly with the stones and things done to him

I have friends with cystitis and it’s extremely painful

the scopes hurt them even under anesthesia

So the pets can not voice all their pain or say stop the treatment or testing when it’s unbearable to them

I always think if it I were my cat would I want it to live in pain and have to hide the pain from my human parent

as long as The cat could and repeat that pain daily

the animals do hide pain until they are in immense pain

from watching my own pets with arthritis
And other illnesses

Again I am sorry
You are in my prayers

Sheri and lily

rentuna

Luke the warrior
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know your grief is to where you feel you can not put one foot in front of the other or think without seeing your kitty 🐱

Try to picture your kitty well and happy before it got sick

And as the weeks go by it becomes bearable
You never forget but the tears will lessen in months to come

Your cat suffered horribly with the stones and things done to him

I have friends with cystitis and it’s extremely painful

the scopes hurt them even under anesthesia

So the pets can not voice all their pain or say stop the treatment or testing when it’s unbearable to them

I always think if it I were my cat would I want it to live in pain and have to hide the pain from my human parent

as long as The cat could and repeat that pain daily

the animals do hide pain until they are in immense pain

from watching my own pets with arthritis
And other illnesses

Again I am sorry
You are in my prayers

Sheri and lily
Thank you for your kind words !
Yes, I have kidney issues too and it is very painful :( it shouldn't have ended like this for him while until the stones, he was well and happy and healthy:( I'm sorry I was too late to cure him. He doesn't have any pain anymore. He will stay with me forever in my heart.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry.....I pray you can take comfort in knowing you tried so very hard and he was such a brave boy. My heart cries for what you are going through. He is at peace because he was loved so very much. You will never get over something like this, but you will work through it in time, and it takes such a long time, one day at a time.......RIP precious Luke. You will always be remembered, you will have secure places in loving hearts for eternity. My the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. You fought the good fight beside Luke and did everything that you could for him. He knew that you loved him and that you were caring for him. When a cat passes, we lock the thread out of respect. You are welcome to post a tribute to Luke in our Crossing the Bridge forum.
Crossing the Bridge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.