Feline Herpes FVR

poetichaya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just rescued a Lynx Point Simease from the hard streets of Suburbia and the poor little girl Zoey Blue has been diagnosed with Feline Herpes. I have started her on the Polyprenyl Immunostimulant from Vet Immune and I am keeping a diary on how things go. I want to make sure she has the best wet food diet specifically during outbreaks. There is so much information out there and I wanted to get feedback from other people. Thoughts on what they feed their cat when they have outbreaks. So much information and most vets promote the same thing and pet stores want to sell. I want options and I want to know whats good and why and really understand. Feedback most appreciated.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is very general, as I have not personally dealt with this. With cats, sudden changes in food can cause tummy upsets, so you want to choose a food that would be good during outbreaks and stick with that. No sudden changes. And outbreaks are stress-related (which you probably already know), so routine and calm are essential. Hope that gives you a tiny bit to go on before more experienced folks chime in!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since you aren't getting responses to your very specific question, perhaps you can change the title of your thread to include something about food so more people will look at it :dunno:. I don't really recall anyone stating they feed anything different during an outbreak, just that they usually increase the amount of L-Lysine they give, doubling the amount. Since you didn't say whether you are giving that at all, along with the item from Vet Immune, that might not be applicable. But I do agree with Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 that since stress isn't helpful, changing foods during an outbreak probably wouldn't go over well.

Holistic Cat Mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just rescued a Lynx Point Simease from the hard streets of Suburbia and the poor little girl Zoey Blue has been diagnosed with Feline Herpes. I have started her on the Polyprenyl Immunostimulant from Vet Immune and I am keeping a diary on how things go. I want to make sure she has the best wet food diet specifically during outbreaks. There is so much information out there and I wanted to get feedback from other people. Thoughts on what they feed their cat when they have outbreaks. So much information and most vets promote the same thing and pet stores want to sell. I want options and I want to know whats good and why and really understand. Feedback most appreciated.
It's soooo hard to find a good cat food with no bad or controversial Ingredients! After researching every cat food wet and dry and every single ingredient in those cat foods, then trying to find one that's good that I could afford made my head spin. Im serious researching all of this. Name a cat food brand wet or dry and I can tell you what the ingredients are without google.

I found ZIWI PEAK (available through Amazon) has the best ingredients in their wet food of any label from other brands I've ever read. Unfortunately I have too many cats too afford the best ones except TIKI's Tuna and Pumpkin and TIKI's Shredded Chicken. They get this once a week. It's more affordable and zero bad or questionable ingredients.

For her Herpes Transfer Factor Plus is the best and boosts their immune system 437%! And humans can take it too! You would break open a capsule twice a day when she shows symptoms and half to one a day when she doesn't to keep her immune system going. I just treated the strays I rescued with it who also have feline Herpes. They cleared up in a few days! I have a Feline Leukemia group I started after I lost my Diamond kitty to it. So many of them give it to their cats with amazing results! Don't buy it from Amazon. Buy it from a 4life distributor. It's like $60 through them $76 through Amazon.