Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

How is Mukkia doing? 

He is doing well. I guess he has a bit of an allergy going on, because his right eye is a little crusted.
I find that odd, because Mukkia has literally never had an eye infection, or been prone to any sort of eye discharge ever. Maybe it is because he is getting older. He is still eating on his own, and having bowel movements regularly. I am not sure why, but he is still very irritable.
It is completely out of character for him, but if I touch him he will growl at me. I don't know how long it will take for him to gain weight, but so far he has not.

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to call Mukkia's veterinarian this morning because we have a new symptom. Mukkia is now having strong tremors throughout his entire body. :-( Does anybody know what could be the cause?

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't sorry :( Poor Mukkia :vibes:   :vibes:
I spoke with his veterinarian. Yesterday Mukkia went to jump in the window and he fell and hit pretty hard. The vet said that it is possible that when he fell he twisted his spine and caused a little bit of inflammation to the nerves. I'm hoping that is the case, because it will resolve itself. He wants me to try to get it on video, because that would make it easier for him to see what is going on with Mukkia.

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor Mukkia :(
:hugs:
Thank you! I know how my baby has gone through so much, but as mentioned before, he has truly shown us his strength and that he is a fighter.:-)

Last edited:

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The eye infection could be due to his immune system still being a bit weak from everything he went through. As for the weight, give him a bit more time for him to gain back those pounds. Now the tremors, that's scary; poor baby, had to go suffer a fall just as he was beginning to recover. Hopefully it is due to the fall and something that can resolve itself. 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I know how my baby has gone through so much, but as mentioned before, he has truly shown us his strength and that he is a fighter.:-)
Mukkia is such a fighter and his spirit to live is strong! I know he is in capable and loving hands with you as his guardian :)

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The eye infection could be due to his immune system still being a bit weak from everything he went through. As for the weight, give him a bit more time for him to gain back those pounds. Now the tremors, that's scary; poor baby, had to go suffer a fall just as he was beginning to recover. Hopefully it is due to the fall and something that can resolve itself. 
Ah, yes. Good point about the eye and his immune system!
I know what you mean about the weight. I guess I was just expecting for him to gain it back as quickly as he lost it. However, I'm finding that is not the case. It's okay, because my mom even told me that slower is better just like us. His coat is starting to look very very good though! :-) :-) I will have to put a new picture up today!

As far as the tremors, I am like you I am hoping that the vet is right. What he said does make sense though. The weird thing is, he is not asleep when it happens, his eyes are open but I cannot get his attention. I will abruptly say his name and gently pet him in almost a fast shake, kind of way. If that makes sense?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Mukkia has been through a major illness. Make steps or easy access for his favorite spots.  I'm sure there are going to be bumps in the road getting him back to the best state of health possible.  Right now food in food out is something you should rejoice in.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mukkia is such a fighter and his spirit to live is strong! I know he is in capable and loving hands with you as his guardian :)
Awe! Thank you! That is so kind of you to say! :-) :-) Mukkia and I are truly blessed to have such amazing, kind, caring, and knowledgeable people on TCS! You my friend are most definitely one of them! :-D

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah, yes. Good point about the eye and his immune system!
I know what you mean about the weight. I guess I was just expecting for him to gain it back as quickly as he lost it. However, I'm finding that is not the case. It's okay, because my mom even told me that slower is better just like us. His coat is starting to look very very good though! :-) :-) I will have to put a new picture up today!

As far as the tremors, I am like you I am hoping that the vet is right. What he said does make sense though. The weird thing is, he is not asleep when it happens, his eyes are open but I cannot get his attention. I will abruptly say his name and gently pet him in almost a fast shake, kind of way. If that makes sense?
I don't know much about tremors/seizures in pets but if he's in the middle of an episode he won't be able to react to you. Kind of like us people if we're having a seizure. Maybe your vet can have him checked out soon, it might be due to injury.

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mukkia has been through a major illness. Make steps or easy access for his favorite spots.  I'm sure there are going to be bumps in the road getting him back to the best state of health possible.  Right now food in food out is something you should rejoice in.
Yes, Ma'am! :-) You are correct! He has accomplished so much! As well you're right, he has been through a lot too. The infection part doesn't bother me so much. It is the tremors, but his veterinarian put me at ease this morning. That is a good idea, it's amazing the simple things I don't think of, like making access easier for him right now. Thank you so much! I will do that, I have a set of steps that I can put in front of the window. I would like to get one more because there are two specific windows that he likes to get in to. I have a class today so maybe later on, or tomorrow I can definitely do that for him.
Get a second set of steps for him, it what I mean.

Last edited:

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about tremors/seizures in pets but if he's in the middle of an episode he won't be able to react to you. Kind of like us people if we're having a seizure. Maybe your vet can have him checked out soon, it might be due to injury.
the veterinarian would like for me to try to get a video of it with my phone. I can either email it to him, or take it to him. I'm going to have to take it to him, because I cannot email videos. I know there is a way, I just don't know how to, because my phone always tells me that it is too large to send. He thinks that when Mukkia fell from trying to get in the window he may have twisted his spine, and just caught a little inflammation in the nerves. If this is the case then it will resolve itself. So far, this veterinarian has not led me wrong. It does make sense. I am like you though, I do not know anything about tremors, or seizures. You are right, I can't get his attention during an episode.

katlady-18

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed all will be well. Wish it'd be all smooth sailing for you two from here on out after the nightmare you've been through, but as someone else said, there will be bumps in the road. 

My phone does that too me as well, I hate it. If you could upload it to your computer, you could e-mail it from there. 

mukkia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed all will be well. Wish it'd be all smooth sailing for you two from here on out after the nightmare you've been through, but as someone else said, there will be bumps in the road. 

My phone does that too me as well, I hate it. If you could upload it to your computer, you could e-mail it from there. 

Thank you. I have so much faith right now, words cannot even describe how much faith I have. I have literally watched a miracle happen with him! I have always believed in the power of prayer, but God has truly shown that everyone's prayers for Mukkia are working! I will try using the laptop to send the video of the next episode. If he is going to have one again, I am hoping it happens while I am can capture it. This morning he was initially in the sitting upright position in the kitchen while waiting for food, after asking for it! He is still asking for food! After that he his behind the couch corner again. :-(

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think electrolyte imbalances and some minerals can cause tremors. Which would not be surprising considering what he has been through.

Status
Not open for further replies.