feline conjunctivitis possible outcome

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
My cat started developing pink eye on one of her eye around three days ago
I gave her antibiotic and shes started to recover almost fully now but I still am concerned because her right eye still looks somewhat murky and cornea is bit smaller in size
20210413_174316.jpg

as you can see from the photo
What Im concerned about is whether she's developed glaucoma or other eye disease as a consequence of pink eye because from the photo it looks a bit like glaucoma
Is this normal? Do eyes normally appear cloudier when a cat has pink eye due to inflammation or something? I really want her to fully recover from this infection without any complications
If you have any experience please share Id greatly appreciate it
thanks

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, cloudy eyes are not a symptom of pink eye. But she should see her vet about this. It would not have been because of the pink eye, however, it is something distinct. One cause for cloudy eyes in cats is a corneal abrasion. I am wondering if she may have pawed that eye and scratched it while the conjunctivitis was active. That seems the simplest explanation, and a very valid one, but this is something that your vet should see for a proper diagnosis, and sooner rather than later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply, but my cat doesnt seem to show any signs of pain or blindness and she doesnt really scratch around her eye so I dont really think its corneal abrasion but if it is, is it curable?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Corneal abrasions certainly can, and do, heal very well, but you really need to have her vet examine the eye. If there is an abrasion, he will give you drops specifically for that. If not, he'll be able to properly diagnose and treat whatever it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guys, she has fully recovered
20210427_165615.jpg

I guess it must have been just a pink eye
thanks so much for all your concerns and replies