Felimazole

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful and encouraging news. :thumbsup: You must be so happy and relieved for Janie. Glad she liked the baby food too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vikinggirl34

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neely,
I am very happy and relieved to have her hyperthyroidism under control. I'm hoping she puts on a pound or two. She is a sweet old lady. 💕

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vikinggirl34

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feeby, Just a quick reiteration of what you brought to my attention further up in this post - I am going with the twice per day. 1.25 mg in the morning - 1.25 mg in the evening. I know the vet said once in the morning but there is just too much evidence online (legit websites/other vets websites) of dosing twice per day. Snippets from 3 legit resources:

The total daily dose should be divided into two where possible.

Ideally, the total daily dose of Felimazole is divided in two and half is given in the morning and half in the evening

Wherever possible, the total daily dose should be divided into two and administered morning and evening.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Feeby, Just a quick reiteration of what you brought to my attention further up in this post - I am going with the twice per day. 1.25 mg in the morning - 1.25 mg in the evening. I know the vet said once in the morning but there is just too much evidence online (legit websites/other vets websites) of dosing twice per day.
I am really glad to hear this!!! I think it is much more beneficial to Janie to keep the med level more stable in her system! Thanks for letting me know.