Feeling Old

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today is my birthday
48 years old! My sister asked if I felt older and I said no just another day. But then this afternoon my resident puker if a kitty did her thing. I bent down to clean it and oh man my knee popped. Ouch. I’m currently soaking in Epsom salt bath.
I guess I do feel older. And I miss my soul cat. Tomorrow will be 1 week since she went to the rainbow bridge

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know where you're coming from, and I've got a few decades on you. Mingo vomited on the hall carpet a couple of days ago, and although I snatched up the solids right away, the stain is still there. I put it on my to-do list. Luckily, it usually comes up easily. I will have to bring in my garden kneeler to get down to it though. There comes a time when you can get down, but you can't get back up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear that. I crawl to furniture to give me a boost lol.
It stinks getting older.
On the upside my hubby is cooking dinner
Filet mignon, snow crab and fresh grilled asparagus yum.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today is my birthday
48 years old! My sister asked if I felt older and I said no just another day. But then this afternoon my resident puker if a kitty did her thing. I bent down to clean it and oh man my knee popped. Ouch. I’m currently soaking in Epsom salt bath.
I guess I do feel older. And I miss my soul cat. Tomorrow will be 1 week since she went to the rainbow bridge
Happy birthday, my friend, and ages be damned. :party3::celebrate:

I won't reveal my age, but I'm no spring chicken myself and birthdays used to depress me but now I laugh at them....in a challenging manner.
Do something that makes you feel like a kid. Play with your cats, color a coloring book, etc. Sometimes playing thing on a string with the cats or doing whatever with the dogs or sitting down to PB&J and chocolate milk or mac and cheese makes me feel like a 12 year old again.
:bday::beerchug::bday:
Or, when I'm feeling adult, I sit down with a beer and celebrate!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Birthday and many, many more! :beerchug:
Don't let your age get you down, you're still young in my book. :wink: Hope you enjoy your special birthday dinner.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today is my birthday
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your soul kitty. Please see this thread: Grieving; it may help.
  • It's generally a bad idea to post both your age and your birthday. This is sufficient to give someone your complete date of birth, which is identity theft information.
Thank you. It’s an old injury that comes and goes lol.
Been there, done that, it wasn't worth buying the tee-shirt. For what it's worth, my knees got much better over time, after using glucosamine and chondroitin for 2 or 3 decades.

I know where you're coming from, and I've got a few decades on you. Mingo vomited on the hall carpet a couple of days ago, and although I snatched up the solids right away, the stain is still there. I put it on my to-do list. Luckily, it usually comes up easily. I will have to bring in my garden kneeler to get down to it though. There comes a time when you can get down, but you can't get back up!
After my brain surgery and broken arm I was in occupational therapy for a while, and one of the things I specifically asked about was getting up after a fall. The techniques the therapist taught me are good enough that after I fell and shattered my right wrist in the garage this February I was actually able to get up and get myself back inside to get Roger to take me to the E.R., all on my own, without doing myself further injury. Yes, my knees are fairly good, but it's more about understanding the body mechanics and using whatever is available to help you out. And, unfortunately, I can't properly describe the technique in writing. I wonder whether someone's done a good YouTube video? If I spot one, I'll post it.

Margret

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A very Happy, Happy Birthday! :bday: :party2:Your dinner sounded wonderful; I'm sure it was simply delicious. Your husband sounds like quite the keeper!

I hear you about knees. My Achilles heel, so to speak, is my legs: ankles, shins, knees, hips, everything from the waist down. When my legs act up, I feel every bit of my 63 years. And then, after hobbling around for a week or so, they start to feel better. Some days are better than others. Know that you are not alone. :hugs:

I'm so sorry about your kitty.