feeling guilty (long)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HappilyRetired

it made no sense to alienate my girl when the purpose was to make her happier--and she very clearly was NOT.
That was my fear. But, Beazy is a cat who likes company. When I went away for a conference last, almost two years ago now, she stopped eating. I was only away for four days, but that led to her liver shutting down and nearly killed her. (It's all in the archives. Oh! That was a horrible time!)

I do think this will be best...although she was quite contented as an only cat as long as I was home all the time. She loves summer and weekends! During the school year, she gets lonely. Now that we're in a new flat and she can't even birdwatch, she was really depressed.

We had playing today...of a sort. So I'm feeling better about things. And, if I'm feeling better, they will feel better.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your babies are both beautiful! I do hope your queen Beazy takes comfort in feline company, and not just yours. Its scary to hear that her liver shut down when you were gone
I hope that never happens again now that the kitten is here.

I always think that 2 kittens together are better than one... Especially when they are very young and have tons of energy to burn. No one can entertain them as much as another of their own kind

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what gorgeous girls you have!

i agree with all the advice/support you have been given here. the fact that they have touched noses is a really good sign and you are clearly in tune with beazy.

i have had problems in the past, my dear rb boy janet, did not get on with tabitha at all. or rather he would grab the opportunity to chase her if he could. for 5 years the 2 lived sometimes uncomfortably alongside eachother. it was suggested by a friend that i rehome janet. no way. i just had to work a bit harder to keep the peace.

as you can see in my siggy though, tabitha has a much better relationship with milo and shinobi. milo will push his luck occasionally (janet was his mentor for 8 months after all
) but generally things are good between them.

i think it'll be fine with your beautiful torties.

good luck with all that tortie-tude though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

good luck with all that tortie-tude though!
LOL! Thanks. I certainly need it. I try to remember that the 'tude keeps life interesting.