Feeding Tube Update

fender

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fender has had his tube in and out and back in now for a week. His stomach was infected, but is healing well now. He got a bit rambunctious and managed to pull out the tube, while leaving the bandage perfectly in place he is staying Ina multi level, indoor, purchased just for him chicken coop until I trust the other cats with him again.

I just wanted to post our solution to the tube management. I got a cat Harness and sewes on a soft dog poop bag dispenser. Originally I thought I'd be able to thread the tube through the opening I to the zipper pouch. On second thought, I felt like that made too high of a loop with that angle so I made a new side profile hole. Thread slips through and the capped portion and extra length is zippered into pouch. I can just under zip and access tube as needed. Much more comfortable for Fender!

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How clever is that? SOMEONE is going to be thrilled to know how to do that before you know it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fender has had his tube in and out and back in now for a week. His stomach was infected, but is healing well now. He got a bit rambunctious and managed to pull out the tube, while leaving the bandage perfectly in place he is staying Ina multi level, indoor, purchased just for him chicken coop until I trust the other cats with him again.

I just wanted to post our solution to the tube management. I got a cat Harness and sewes on a soft dog poop bag dispenser. Originally I thought I'd be able to thread the tube through the opening I to the zipper pouch. On second thought, I felt like that made too high of a loop with that angle so I made a new side profile hole. Thread slips through and the capped portion and extra length is zippered into pouch. I can just under zip and access tube as needed. Much more comfortable for Fender!
You know, I'm not sure if this is something you'd be interested in but you might want to consider making these and marketing them on something like Etsy. This is a brilliant solution to a problem that some owners do have and they would probably be thrilled to have a solution like you came up with!
Also, I absolutely love the idea for a chicken coop. One of our friends bought a coop-like cage (it's actually a chinchilla hutch IIRC) but the cats LOVE it.
Signed, Bruce, who secretly has always wanted to buy a nice coop for the cats to hide in/play in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fender

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You know, I'm not sure if this is something you'd be interested in but you might want to consider making these and marketing them on something like Etsy. This is a brilliant solution to a problem that some owners do have and they would probably be thrilled to have a solution like you came up with!
Also, I absolutely love the idea for a chicken coop. One of our friends bought a coop-like cage (it's actually a chinchilla hutch IIRC) but the cats LOVE it.
Signed, Bruce, who secretly has always wanted to buy a nice coop for the cats to hide in/play in!
Thank you! I told the vet we will donate more vests if anyone else needs them, it has taken a lot of worry off of us!

Get the coop! You won't regret it! It's been wonderful that I can e close him in the house part after surgery so I k ow no jumping and climbing, when all is well he goes up and down as he pleases a d has climbers and toys in it. The other cats are currently loving jumping on to the roof of it when nobody is in need of isolation, we will open it up as a play house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fender

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The coop. This thing has windows on multiple sides and doors everywhere so I can access him even when he does not want to go. Also can slide the door shut to the house to lock him in. Now he has toys and climbers in it.

Attachments

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I told the vet we will donate more vests if anyone else needs them, it has taken a lot of worry off of us!

Get the coop! You won't regret it! It's been wonderful that I can e close him in the house part after surgery so I k ow no jumping and climbing, when all is well he goes up and down as he pleases a d has climbers and toys in it. The other cats are currently loving jumping on to the roof of it when nobody is in need of isolation, we will open it up as a play house.
The donations is just so sweet. This is how people touch others' lives. You'll help so many people and cats you won't even know!!!!!! =)
We built a small coop a few weekends ago for some chicks. It was not hard. When our catio expands, I'm definitely doing this. Plus, they just look cute!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HUH...I just did a quick search for chicken coops for sale, and most of them are cheaper than catios!