Feeding area for ferals flooded overnight - what now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just down the road, the river is still flowing very fast but has slowed down considerably and the water is less murky. I am lucky - my house is built on the old river bed (stones and gravel - no nice fertile soil) and the drought in the past few years means there is plenty of space underground for water to find its way to the groundwater level. It doesn't need to go through my cellar! Thank goodness.

Unfortunately, damage continues as the water makes its way southwards. I feel so sorry - just as people were hoping that Covid 19 was a thing of the past they now have the results of this to worry about!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news! Yesterday volunteers started to clean up - the plot of land is still a mess but the house was scrubbed, damaged wooden slats and insulation replaced, new sleeping boxes brought in and all but one cat has been sited. The missing cat is very shy so rarely seen but people are optimistic that she has been eating at one of the many places where food has been left out. The cats are now back as if nothing had happened. :clapcat:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news! Yesterday volunteers started to clean up - the plot of land is still a mess but the house was scrubbed, damaged wooden slats and insulation replaced, new sleeping boxes brought in and all but one cat has been sited. The missing cat is very shy so rarely seen but people are optimistic that she has been eating at one of the many places where food has been left out. The cats are now back as if nothing had happened. :clapcat:
So happy to hear the good news!!! 😃 This missing cat may be sneaking into feedings and laying low. If you are able to at this time, you may want to attach a trail cam to a tree at a very strategic location to know for sure this cat is okay.

I hope this cat turns up safe and sound and that the rest of the clean up goes well. Take care.🙂

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Everytime it rains our back yard floods. It looks like a river. I have noticed Treasure swimming through the "river" to the dry land. BTW: most cats are excellent swimmers from what I've seen. They just don't like getting wet. That may not be true of all cats. But hopefully if there are trees nearby they'll climb up those trees. These cats can scale 30 to 40 feet and come back down like it's nothing at all.