Feeders

lyssa366

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering, are there any types of feeders out there, that would slowly and occasionally let out food during the day? I'm not really sure how to explain what I'm talking about but maybe someone will know what I mean.  but the reason being is that i have every other weekend off and we like to go to our family campground, and my kitty is supposed to get a certain amount of food in a day and I can't drive back and forth twice a day to feed him nor do i want to bring him with me because he doesn't like change and I'd be afraid, being the little sneaky guy he is, that he would sneak out of our trailer and I'd never see him again.  So, is there any type of feeder I could get that would slowly let food out so that he doesn't gouge it all in one day? 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I was just wondering, are there any types of feeders out there, that would slowly and occasionally let out food during the day? I'm not really sure how to explain what I'm talking about but maybe someone will know what I mean.  but the reason being is that i have every other weekend off and we like to go to our family campground, and my kitty is supposed to get a certain amount of food in a day and I can't drive back and forth twice a day to feed him nor do i want to bring him with me because he doesn't like change and I'd be afraid, being the little sneaky guy he is, that he would sneak out of our trailer and I'd never see him again.  So, is there any type of feeder I could get that would slowly let food out so that he doesn't gouge it all in one day? 
It's called a programmable timed feeder
I have the Petsafe 5 compartment feeder: http://store.petsafe.net/5-meal-timed-pet-feeder Just fill how ever many compartments you need with food, set the timer, and go about your day without worry
Programmable timed feeders can be used with both dry and canned food. If you go away for the entire weekend, you may want to get two feeders and fill both with food.

Catmate is another popular brand of programmable timed feeders.

Would you still have someone check on your cat daily to make sure everything is ok?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyssa366

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise