Fecal Incontinence Two Days After PU

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stargirl0623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looks so cute there with his giraffe!
He loves that giraffe more than anything, myself included, I'm pretty sure! Got it for him when he was a baby, so he had something his own size to cuddle, and it's been his favorite ever since. He still carries it to bed every night and won't settle down to sleep unless he can find it. As soon as the cone came off for the first time he tracked it down and decided to give them both a good bath.

Attachments

Stargirl0623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
An update for the new year: several months out from PU surgery, he's still doing fantastic!

Life in this household is fully back to normal, and I'm not worried about him on a regular basis anymore. He'll always need a special diet, and I check his box as a matter of daily routine to be sure he's peeing adequately. He also still wants me to inspect his butt and coo over him every time he poops, which is equal parts adorable and revolting (seriously dude, there's no open wound back there anymore, I don't need to check that it's all clean!), but aside from a new habit or two he's gone fully back to looking and acting like his happy, pre-surgery self!

So, he gets himself up to plenty of climbing, playing, and snuggles! Nursing him through this operation was a stressful nightmare, but it was ultimately very worth it and I'm glad to have done everything in my power to give this little guy his life back.

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update. This is the best news so glad you are both doing well. Your handsome boy certainly looks like the cat that got the cream. Especially in the second picture how cute is he. :redcat:

Stargirl0623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for posting the update and it is good to hear that you have both successfully come through this. He looks adorable and happy.
Thanks for the update. This is the best news so glad you are both doing well. Your handsome boy certainly looks like the cat that got the cream. Especially in the second picture how cute is he. :redcat:
Of course! I was thinking of you this morning, and how kind you both were when I was going through the stress of seeing him through the operation. Wanted to let y'all know that he ended up being okay!